does your oscellaris do this?

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i was wondering if there’s something going on with my clown. he’s about 1.5weeks in and he does this every now and then but i can’t seem to tell if he’s trying to get oxygen or if he’s hunting for pods somehow?? i’d think low oxygen levels would make him more desperate to reach the surface but any advice helps. thanks! here is a video on a google drive link since videos don’t seem to upload quite well for me on here. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-E6bDiX4faE7NXKUwe2LnDdjOQUSUrb3

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I couldn’t play it on my iPad.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quality of your video is poor. Based on what I was able to see, it looks normal. Perhaps one clown just submitting to the other.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok downloaded the video. It looks normal. I can't tell if he's slamming his body to the wall or not. If he is slamming his body to wall, its called flashing and could be due to parasite/illness.

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quality of your video is poor. Based on what I was able to see, it looks normal. Perhaps one clown just submitting to the other.
yeah it’s really hard to keep the quality after uploading. i tried recording 4k at 60fps but the file is too big /:

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok downloaded the video. It looks normal. I can't tell if he's slamming his body to the wall or not. If he is slamming his body to wall, its called flashing and could be due to parasite/illness.
ahh, well it’s not much of a slamming it’s more of a gentle rub

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the video on youtube! (you may have to adjust the quality manually on the little gear when playing the video)

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of mine swims like that at night. So probably ok. But, I would keep an eye on his skin though for signs of brooklynella.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does the same thing. Im guessing mine is male. He swims and floats about at the top, while I'm assuming the female has made quite a nixe little happy home in the sand bed and basically looks like she is passed the @$%# out. It's quite cute actually.
Screenshot_20200624-004850_Gallery.jpg

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does the same thing. Im guessing mine is male. He swims and floats about at the top, while I'm assuming the female has made quite a nixe little happy home in the sand bed and basically looks like she is passed the @$%# out. It's quite cute actually.
Screenshot_20200624-004850_Gallery.jpg

Its like hes guarding her lol while she has the sleep of her life

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 46 32.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back