Doing my final aquascape - need ideas - 125g Mixed reef

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have come to the point where I can't stand looking at the frag junk yard anymore.
I finally figured out 90% of the pieces I am going to keep and now need to re-aquascape to make it a little more appealing.

Does anyone have any ideas, or pictures of 125g's that look pretty cool.

I have the locations of everything picked out, how I am going to do the SPS, LPS, Zoa's, Acans, Blastos, ect. - but need to figure out how I want the rock setup.

I was thinking some what of a tower on the left, going towards the centers, then leaning down towards the right.

Any ideas on where I can sketch this out easy? I have seen some guys use a sketch program, but haven't seen where to get it or how to use it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions - as they will be used. So it'll be a R2R Team aquascaping ;)

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am leaning towards - Nice aquascaping Rev.

ftsjuly08.jpg

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 120 and just got done reaquascaping. i used to have the typical stacked up rocks but just wasnt pleased with it and if i never needed to move something or take a rock out it was impossible.
i just redid using fiberglass rods, and drilled all the rocks, making pillars. i am very pleased with it. i can easily move out a pillar if needed or simply move one over a little in the tank to get something or to get to the glass better.
its also really nice having all the open sand space. and my fish really seem to like all the room they have now too

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 120 and just got done reaquascaping. i used to have the typical stacked up rocks but just wasnt pleased with it and if i never needed to move something or take a rock out it was impossible.
i just redid using fiberglass rods, and drilled all the rocks, making pillars. i am very pleased with it. i can easily move out a pillar if needed or simply move one over a little in the tank to get something or to get to the glass better.
its also really nice having all the open sand space. and my fish really seem to like all the room they have now too

+1

I also redid my 120 with rods, but used acrylic. I have 5 different towers at different heights. If there is ever a reason to move one its easy, just lift. That way I can take out 20% of the rock and not have an avalanche in my tank.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back