Donatella and Donatello Show Off Thread

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please inform me what is the big deal ....I really don't see anything special with this one... It's not an ugly brown polyp but it's nothing that deserves this much hype...

You hit the nail in the head. It's all hype. Eagle eyes are nicer anyways.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand, it all started the moment the below pic was posted. Which is freaking amazing : )

Donatello_zpsbecc1ee6.jpg

That picture is super photoshoped don't believe everything you see online its all lies. The guy that posted it should be shot!

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely going to get to use this line at some point!... Can't wait!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Donatella, donatello, donatelle or gb big bang all come from the same lineage....ocean!!!!

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donatellavs Donatello
[/QUOTE]
Dude! Hands down a ninja turtle beats up on fashion designers. Everybody knows this.

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donatellavs Donatello
Dude! Hands down a ninja turtle beats up on fashion designers. Everybody knows this.[/QUOTE]

Google donatella versace..u will reliaze her lips just got beaten by donatello lol

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like I said before there's not only one person with a coral there's always hundreds of people that have the same there's just some people that capitalize and makes $$$$ on it. There's thousands of those dontello, a, e , i, u out there just be patient and you'll get your hands on one eventually. All those pictures are beautiful everyone. Post more please. RC zoa girl what light did you use for that pic?

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That picture is super photoshoped don't believe everything you see online its all lies. The guy that posted it should be shot!
Lol... Reminds me of that insurance commercial….Don't believe everything you see on the Internet...lol...

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like I said before there's not only one person with a coral there's always hundreds of people that have the same there's just some people that capitalize and makes $$$$ on it. There's thousands of those dontello, a, e , i, u out there just be patient and you'll get your hands on one eventually. All those pictures are beautiful everyone. Post more please. RC zoa girl what light did you use for that pic?

This thread is supposed to be a show off thread.....pic time everyone.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Josh how Close to color are these other people's pictures to the ones you have? It just seems that your picture is a little more intense from the ones that I see...

Ninjapotamus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some pretty dramatic color morphs but if these polyps are all the same this variety has some pretty dramatic changes...

Last edited:

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Josh how Close to color are these other people's pictures to the ones you have? It just seems that your picture is a little more intense from the ones that I see...
When I just got them they were just like the picture. I placed a bunch of frags in different spots in my tank and they lost some of the color under halides. I left some colonies in my frag tank with LEDs on high one low and they kept almost all color. Even though I mess with people about their pics I can tell they're the same paly.

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they r the same....I had a z n p collector came over to check out and verify Donatella. He pointed out what buddythelion has might b a white velvet that is going around at sf Bay Area...but just that they can't maintain the white coloration. He also pointed out that Donatella has double layer skirts, and the coloration is way intense and yellow than buddythelion's.

Last edited:

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they r the same....I had a z n p collector came over to check out and verify Donatella. He pointed out what buddythelion has might a a white velvet that is going around at sf Bay Area...but just that it can't maintain the white coloration. He also pointed out that Donatella has double layer skirts, and the coloration is way intense and yellow than buddythelion's.
Lol, sorry bro. It's far far away from a white velvet. The white velvet does have an interesting story behind it though.

My piece came off a mari rock, which I'm going to take a guess all of these did as well. I've only had it for about a day, so it's too early to really try and ID it off the bat. Most collectors can look at something and judge what something has potential to be after being in this game for so long rather than basing it just on the color it has atm.

How long have you have yours hermes? I don't think many of us had them for very long other than Josh being the one to bring them up first with pics. But it sounds like Josh owes us some pics of the pieces he put in different light levels!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back