OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell if your just trolling?
Well no. It small enough for my tank and lfs said I had to wait. But I could just put copepods and do it now. But without refugeium it would be hard to keep copepod high.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One is totally fine. Four clowns is way too much for that size.
Lfs said 4 was max and I had already picked 4 and it’s not like I’m going g to take 2 out. I’m 18.

germs101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lfs said 4 was max and I had already picked 4 and it’s not like I’m going g to take 2 out. I’m 18.
When I was 20, the local FS sold my mom ( me there) so much bad advice. I can't believe how much bad advice was doled out to her over the years. Thankfully when I took it over we had internet!!! Lol! Seriously, think about rehoming 2 clownfish. It will make your life so much easier. If you keep four, please don't add anymore fish. There will be way too much personality in there and it won't be good.
I had 4 in my 265 and had to remove one. That should tell you something.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of mine are oCellarius and are baby size so they grow up knowing each other and won’t fight. Orange Stripe Prawn Goby And pitsol. Stay at the bottom and clowns middle top.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your LFS said that I would not give them business. Clowns, like most fish, establish a hierarchy and kill the rest. If you have two one can turn to female and one will stay male and you have a pair. the other two will die. In a cube that size you really can only have about 3 - 5 small fish. It can look great. Choose easy small fish and go from there. In this hobby either people learn and love it or they get discouraged and lose a lot of money and quit. Most quit.

Oh, and to answer your original question: you really should quarantine all of your fish for 4 - 6 weeks. You are not doing that and will learn later that the cost of a QT system pays itself back. If you QT dory for 6 weeks it will be too big for your tank, so you can keep that fish for about a month, then try to give it away, but its too big for most people, so it will die.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your LFS said that I would not give them business. Clowns, like most fish, establish a hierarchy and kill the rest. If you have two one can turn to female and one will stay male and you have a pair. the other two will die.
This is entirely accurate. While true that clowns are hierarchical, they are also colonial. As long as there is only one female and one male, you can have others, as long as they are juveniles they will be tolerated as part of the colony.

However, with 4 clowns and a clown goby, you are near capacity.

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put a baby tang in a small tank, it actually stop growing when it reaches a certain size, and that’s not good

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put a baby tang in a small tank, it actually stop growing when it reaches a certain size, and that’s not good
Actually, they still continue to grow, just disproportionately. Eyes are too big, musculature doesn't properly develop, they are more susceptible to disease and parasites, nutrients and hormones in the water stunt growth.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had my 29gal Biocube I had 2 Ocellaris clowns(which I still have to this day), a yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair, a tail spot blenny, and a 6-line wrasse. The wrasse was added last. They all got along and all lived at least2-3 years. Tail spot went first and was replaced by a bicolor blenny. The 6-line never showed any aggression, maybe I was lucky, and was lost in what I suspect was an alk crash. I never had real trouble controlling phosphate or nitrate. So I can recommend the fish I've listed based off of my personal experience. 6-line's have a nasty reputation, so your mileage may vary. The royal gramma suggestion was a good one too, as was the firefish.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my understand. My clownfish should turn to first and highest female, then dominant male and then sub dominant male and sub dominant male. That’s how it was explained to me by lfss and also what I read online. By any means am I saying that they will not fight I am sure they will. Thanks again

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is entirely accurate. While true that clowns are hierarchical, they are also colonial. As long as there is only one female and one male, you can have others, as long as they are juveniles they will be tolerated as part of the colony.

However, with 4 clowns and a clown goby, you are near capacity.
Yep. Two are near the same size and the other two are a tiny bit smaller

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
141A34B0-F377-4ABD-AC7F-E0BC9D9F6834.jpeg
For anyone who wants to see?.

OP
OP
Alexx17

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish in total? If it were you put in the 32.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back