Dosage of Vibrant for bubble algae?

D&D Fishery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been dosing vibrant for the past three weeks for my bubble algae. I don’t have a huge infestation, but enough and tough to reach places that manual removal just was not cutting it. I had done some research and decide to use vibrant however, I am seeing very mixed discussions when it comes to the dose. On the back of the bottle it says Dirtier aquariums to dose 1 mL per 10 gallons every week. I have been dosing a little bit over 1 mL because my tank is 13.5 gallons. I have yet to see any big results however on YouTube, there are people who have had their algae problem 50% eradicated by two weeks. I am just curious if others have used this product and use the recommended dose or if you do a higher dose for bubble algae? I saw one person online who said the dosed twice a week and had great results. I am just not sure if I am doing it correctly. I’ve been monitoring my nutrients, because I know that some people have had issues with vibrant drastically decreasing their nutrients leading to dyno or cyano. If anyone has used this product and has had success. Please let me know how you do it. I would really like to eradicate this algae once, and for all?

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, you will never "eradicate algae".
This! And you don’t want to.

I’m not a fan of chemical treatment like vibrant. It tends to just cause you to swing from one “problem” to another.

Introduce an emerald crab or two manually remove what you can to give them a head start.

markron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been dosing vibrant for the past three weeks for my bubble algae. I don’t have a huge infestation, but enough and tough to reach places that manual removal just was not cutting it. I had done some research and decide to use vibrant however, I am seeing very mixed discussions when it comes to the dose. On the back of the bottle it says Dirtier aquariums to dose 1 mL per 10 gallons every week. I have been dosing a little bit over 1 mL because my tank is 13.5 gallons. I have yet to see any big results however on YouTube, there are people who have had their algae problem 50% eradicated by two weeks. I am just curious if others have used this product and use the recommended dose or if you do a higher dose for bubble algae? I saw one person online who said the dosed twice a week and had great results. I am just not sure if I am doing it correctly. I’ve been monitoring my nutrients, because I know that some people have had issues with vibrant drastically decreasing their nutrients leading to dyno or cyano. If anyone has used this product and has had success with house painter bellevue. Please let me know how you do it. I would really like to eradicate this algae once, and for all?
I'm on the 5th week of dosing Vibrant twice weekly for a severe bubble algae infestation. In the first couple of weeks it took out the chaeto in my refugium, which I expected, but no noticeable impact on the bubble algae. But starting around week 4, I started noticing the bubble algae going from green to clear, and thinning out as many bubbles started detaching from the rocks and ending up in my filters. Each day this week, more and more have turned clear and started falling apart. It appears to finally be working.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back