Dose when adding new fish?

Rob1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I know the answer to this, but you all know better than me.

I have 3 fish on the way from BIOTA and my wife is very excited (as am I). In her excitement, she was doing some research and found a post somewhere (not sure where) saying that we should dose with something like Seachem Stability or Stress Guard (not sure which one) every time we add new fish to the reef. We can't seem to find the post/comment she saw, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

Our tank has cycled. Zero Ammonia, zero nitrites, Nitrates around 10ppm, phosphates are high, but that's another topic.

Adding either of these, or dosing anything during fish introduction, seems unnecessary to me.

Am I missing something?

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never did that, but would QT everything. If I had any worry about aggression, I'd also section off the new fish in the display for weeks/months to let everyone get to know them. My Gem Tang was in a little box in the display for months after QT lol

OP
OP
Rob1208

Rob1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never did that, but would QT everything. If I had any worry about aggression, I'd also section off the new fish in the display for weeks/months to let everyone get to know them. My Gem Tang was in a little box in the display for months after QT lol
Yep, I have QT ready with acclimation boxes for each fish. I went with a Blue Tang, Yellow Tang, and Royal Gramma Basslet - all captive bred

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, dose nothing, you're on right track with qt.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 106 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back