Dosing calcium

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have been dosing alkalinity and magnesium for a couple months now and I tested my calcium last night and it was running a little low 390 and I was wondering how to dose it. I know people love kalkwasser and calcium reactors but that’s just not realistic for my 55 gallon tank. I was looking into tropic marine all for reef because it would eliminate all the other dosing I have to do (also would be cheaper) any insight will help :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have been dosing alkalinity and magnesium for a couple months now and I tested my calcium last night and it was running a little low 390 and I was wondering how to dose it. I know people love kalkwasser and calcium reactors but that’s just not realistic for my 55 gallon tank. I was looking into tropic marine all for reef because it would eliminate all the other dosing I have to do (also would be cheaper) any insight will help :)

You have been dosing magnesium for months, without dosing calcium? Magnesium consumption is always proportional to calcium consumption and is about 1/10th of the calcium consumption.

Many methods work great. I’d suggest some sort of two part system, or a one part such as all for reef.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back