Double up?

poke555mon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my aquarium set up a couple days ago it’s a 60 gal cube, I’m pretty new but I’ve got some experience although I’ve never had my own tank.
I’ve got a sump and a hang on the back filter which I’ve never seen anyone do. I’m still working on my sump
a little so I got the hang on just to get things started, I figured It wouldn’t hurt having both right should I keep it?
Im also concerned about the flow in my aquarium I was going to get some clownfish today or tomorrow maybe. Let me know if you need better videos.
346AEC14-3766-411D-B0B0-CF2E283211BF.jpeg

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

While it isn't common I've seen a few tanks running with cannisters or a HOB. Realistically once you get your sump rolling you really shouldn't need it. I ran a 90g Fish only on a canister when I was young and didn't know any better and made it work. Had customers do cannisters and make it work but typically you just need to be diligent with water changes and make sure there is enough surface agitation for gas exchange. (HOB should give you some)

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start with it and see how it goes. Make sure you have your test kits. If you just got your tank set up it needs to cycle before you add fish. Most people do a fishless cycle so as not to harm or kill fish. If you want to cycle with fish, I would start with a couple cheap hardy ones for sure. Also you may want to think about if you are going to quarantine new fish or not when adding them to your tank. If so, while your tank is cycling without fish you can set up a quarantine tank and get those clowns you want so they will be "clean" and ready to go in once the tank is cycled. Just some thoughts for you. Good luck!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back