Duke's kraken has hit the scene

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record Duke I like the polyp. Since a price hasn't been set I think cornbred's starting price is more than I would pay. I also thought it looked very similar to the hallucination 2.0 but since no one that has these is showing them off who knows.

If we have to fall all over ourselves every time somebody has something new or else be called flamers for not liking it, then so be it. The post lends itself to criticism exactly like LPS1212 knew it would. He's done this before right? This is more than likely going to be a krak vs flaming mo wanna be thread.

For a lot of collectors price does factor into how something is viewed. As the price goes up views become polarized.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Richie I understand where you are coming from with your point of views.... The Krak / Mohican thread was a thread out of curiosity to see if they were the same polyp or not... After the point was made the thread kept going on being fueled by the high price and/ or rarity of the Krakatoa. This Kraken thread was just to say congratulations. You ended up taking the thread in a different direction. It's all good bro. Thanks for kind words

Last edited:
OP
OP
lps1212

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these zoa threads a lot of controversy as always I don't mind it IMO it's good for the hobby like in everything else you always have those who are willing to pay and those who aren't. I honestly did not know cb was gonna start so high in his auction and I do agree with most that if your gonna start that high in price it should be stated polyp count and a wysiwyg pic. Let's keep this thread going we need more RichieT reefers on here to stir the pot up :smile: I'm just gonna :couch2: and :pop2: while everyone :gossip:

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these zoa threads a lot of controversy as always I don't mind it IMO it's good for the hobby like in everything else you always have those who are willing to pay and those who aren't. I honestly did not know cb was gonna start so high in his auction and I do agree with most that if your gonna start that high in price it should be stated polyp count and a wysiwyg pic. Let's keep this thread going we need more RichieT reefers on here to stir the pot up :smile: I'm just gonna :couch2: and :pop2: while everyone :gossip:

You start these threads and let me do the dirty work. I also agree it's good for the hobby and that's why I get frustrated with all the hater/flamer talk. Hence why I "stir the pot" so to speak. Thanks for giving me something to watch for the next few weeks lol

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like someone talked to Rich because now you are getting 2-3 polyps lol

I think that these need to get out there for other hobbyist to enjoy and not keep out of reach from the common collector like many other polyps that are out there at the moment.

Last edited:

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that these need to get out there for other hobbyist to enjoy and not keep out of reach from the common collector like many other polyps that are out there at the moment.

I agree whole heartily. I'd love to see them being sold at $50-$60 pp so us common collectors could feel justified in buying them

carolinareefguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am a hardcore zoa collector and know the basics in buying coral. Rule 1- wysiwyg for any coral more than $20 a polyp! Rule-2 Look at the picture for over saturation. Rule-3 Don't speak in code, tell me what exactly I am buying. Rule-4 no fresh cuts. It must be fresh cause you can't take a picture or tell me what you have.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am a hardcore zoa collector and know the basics in buying coral. Rule 1- wysiwyg for any coral more than $20 a polyp! Rule-2 Look at the picture for over saturation. Rule-3 Don't speak in code, tell me what exactly I am buying. Rule-4 no fresh cuts. It must be fresh cause you can't take a picture or tell me what you have.

I like this rule list...makes perfect sense. I would never expect to sell a coral without a WYSIWYG picture...ever, no matter the price.

I'm sure people are bidding it up for "fun" just like what happened with the krak

Can't that backfire on someone though??? Risky, but I know it happens.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back