OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol don't follow me, I'm taking a chance here trying to introduce them at the same time and hope it works.
I have someone ready to take the PBT if it doesn't work

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol don't follow me, I'm taking a chance here trying to introduce them at the same time and hope it works.
I have someone ready to take the PBT if it doesn't work

Haha wasn't going to even try.. My powder blue is way to aggressive. :(

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently qting my powder blue and achilles in a 60g long. The powder blue is the aggressor and i had to separate them. I will try once more in a week and then up for sale the powder goes! :)

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I figured I would give it a shot. If anything I have a home ready for the PBT in a friends tank that has wanted a PBT for awhile

menglish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about what's under the tank.
i am in the process of upgrading to a 180 from a 90g. Having the stand custom build.
I will use 3 maxspeck razor 120W, RO Regal 220 DC skimmer and i am thinking about the Waveline DC1200 return pump. I will get a maxspeck gyre + i already have 2 MP40es. Will likely only use one + the gyre since i have a battery backup for the pump.
Any thoughts on my chioce of euiptment?
Also had my electrician install a separate circuit for the tank. I am rally excited about this build.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do the same as you with the MP40 and gyre. A lot of people advised me against it. Better to get another gyre instead. As far as what's under the tank I have a 48x18x18 advanced acrylics sump custom, dual 7" filter socks. SV-30 life reef skimmer. Next reef MR-1 reactor running carbon. Vertex 3.0L Zeovit Reactor and a quiet one 1664gph return pump. Also have all this hooked up to my apex.

Then I have an advanced acrylics ATO 20g reservoir. With a tunze osmolator hooked up to that.

Running a 3 - 250W Metal Halide system with 4 - T5 80W Hamiltion fixture running in M80 Ballasts and 20k radiums

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do the same as you with the MP40 and gyre. A lot of people advised me against it. Better to get another gyre instead. As far as what's under the tank I have a 48x18x18 advanced acrylics sump custom, dual 7" filter socks. SV-30 life reef skimmer. Next reef MR-1 reactor running carbon. Vertex 3.0L Zeovit Reactor and a quiet one 1664gph return pump. Also have all this hooked up to my apex.

Then I have an advanced acrylics ATO 20g reservoir. With a tunze osmolator hooked up to that.

Running a 3 - 250W Metal Halide system with 4 - T5 80W Hamiltion fixture running in M80 Ballasts and 20k radiums

Some electric bill ya got there! Haha

menglish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kwarker raised my point. MH will produce a lot of heat and your electric bill could take a hit. You may want to start thinking about a chiller or some kind of cooing fan. I wanted to avoid the heat and electric bill issue so that is why i went with the LEDs. I currently have 2 on my 90G and my tank temp is a steady 77-78 degrees. Figured I will get a 3rd for my 180.
I think the gyre and an mp40 is more that enough . My lfs has a 300DT with the gyre alone. It moved all the sand for the sand bed. That thing is moving lots of water. I will use the mp40 bc i have a battery back up for it, just in case. I have two phosban reactor that I will run carbon and GFO. Tell me about your return pump. Not familiar with what you will use. I like the waveline DC120000 bc is will use less power. I am all about trying to be energy efficient with my equipments. Not sure yet what my ATO reservoir will be but I do have an Avast ATO controlled by my Apex.
I am getting a 48X20x15 Aqua Box sump that i plan to put in a 6" high tray to catch any over flow issues. Plus i also plan to put a bulkhead on the top, connect that to a 1" tube and run that to my sewer drain. I want no water on the floor!!!
keep us posted

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I would share this with you since your a fellow Achilles lover.. Last night I Finally caught a somewhat decent shot of mine and light blue eyes.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1422722217.209201.jpg

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better video tonight, they are active, looking good so far. They ate good tonight. One more day of observation and I'll begin treatment of API General Cure for 10 days and then 30 days of CP. Hopefully the peace lasts between the PBT and my Achilles.

[video=youtube;A0F4i5v15Wc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0F4i5v15Wc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great.. Consider constantly keeping two or more sources of fresh seaweed strips available to them in the tank so they always know they have food available. May help keep the peace your having with them.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the advice but they make a mess of it and I have to control the ammonia levels so I have to control the amount of food

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your achilles with cupramine? I does my qt tank with cupramine and the achilles stopped eating. Now i am using cuprisorb to take out the cupramine and possible water change tomorrow.

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick build? How was your experience with Advanced Acrylics? I am looking into buying a larger acrylic tank and they seem to do a good job.

How long was it from order to delivery?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 94 50.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back