Dwarf seahorse setup

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all setting up my first seahorse only tank and was wondering what y’all thought of my Setup? Any thoughts or ideas?

image.jpg

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all setting up my first seahorse only tank and was wondering what y’all thought of my Setup? Any thoughts or ideas?

image.jpg
U will need a good population of copepods. Sea Horses like cooler temperatures as well as low flow. U will need some flow so that there may not be any waste. U will need to feed them 2× time a day(depend on species) . Usually the salinity needs to be a touch lower than most reef tanks as well as the temperature (depends on species). Try to get captive bred seahorse as they r easy to feed frozen foods. U may also need chiller to give them the temp. They require. The temperature is the biggest indicator of a seahorses lifespan. They need a lot of filtration that what makes them hard to keep. Also u have to check nitrate,ammonia,etc. daily. Any wastes in any seahorse tank becomes a place where pathogenic bacteria can get fueled.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
U will need a good population of copepods. Sea Horses like cooler temperatures as well as low flow. U will need some flow so that there may not be any waste. U will need to feed them 2× time a day(depend on species) . Usually the salinity needs to be a touch lower than most reef tanks as well as the temperature (depends on species). Try to get captive bred seahorse as they r easy to feed frozen foods. U may also need chiller to give them the temp. They require. The temperature is the biggest indicator of a seahorses lifespan. They need a lot of filtration that what makes them hard to keep. Also u have to check nitrate,ammonia,etc. daily. Any wastes in any seahorse tank becomes a place where pathogenic bacteria can get fueled.
Hello y’all how would you recommend I add copepod colony to this tank. It’s a Fluval flex can I just add it to the back filter area

Cichlid23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I would recommend is one (you may have already done this) turning down the pump if you're running the one that comes with the tank, and second probably just add in some more macro algae for them to hang onto, will also help with NO3 and PO4.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back