Dying/dead

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all my female has passed away and wanted to know if her coloration is any sign or what could have happened. The upper body is white the lower body is brown. She was fine for so long eating and hunting everyday. Today she was stuck around a branch with the tail hardly grasping on what seemed to be a stuck curl position.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

TalkinTangie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cannot see anything that stands out with regards to the coloration you mentioned. Looks like mine.

I will ask, do you think she was stuck where she is in the photo?
I only ask cause today I had one in an almost identical spot, I thought he was maybe dead, but moreso I thought he was stuck in between these two small branches. No arms to fight his way out and I thought he was not doing good. I grabbed tweezers and separated the two sides enough and sure enough he took off!

So maybe in your case she just landed there, but perhaps she got stuck in between there? Just throwing it out there. My situation was darn near identical only it was an even tighter squeeze and I thought for sure had i not helped my horse he would not have survived. Sorry for the loss.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cannot see anything that stands out with regards to the coloration you mentioned. Looks like mine.

I will ask, do you think she was stuck where she is in the photo?
I only ask cause today I had one in an almost identical spot, I thought he was maybe dead, but moreso I thought he was stuck in between these two small branches. No arms to fight his way out and I thought he was not doing good. I grabbed tweezers and separated the two sides enough and sure enough he took off!

So maybe in your case she just landed there, but perhaps she got stuck in between there? Just throwing it out there. My situation was darn near identical only it was an even tighter squeeze and I thought for sure had i not helped my horse he would not have survived. Sorry for the loss.
Once it got lose it just floated there and it’s tail was curled. I was worried I buried a dead seahorse but it’s tail stayed curl as it floated around lifeless.

TalkinTangie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry you lost one! I have lost a couple, never seems to be any real reason cause the rest of the herd seems fine.
Good luck!

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry you lost one! I have lost a couple, never seems to be any real reason cause the rest of the herd seems fine.
Good luck!
I know it’s hard to see but you can see this belly what is it? It looks to be like some type of white thing on the edge of it

Attachments

• 761D174F-72BB-44F9-9048-B93792B94A40.jpeg
    761D174F-72BB-44F9-9048-B93792B94A40.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 35

TalkinTangie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see the mark you are referring to, I am just not sure what it is. Some of the experts here would know better than me what that might be, but i can definitely can see it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back