EcoBak Pellet Journey

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank has been running fo r9 yrs now,im really excited about these echoback pellets,ive ordered the pellets and a reactor from avast,just waiting for them to arrive ,hope the reactor arrives first.

my question is ive got some redslime on my sand only,phosphates are undectible with a salifert test kit,so i need to get the phosphate checker to make sure.
now i was thinking of usin the redslime eliminator but not sure,or should i wait and see what the echoback pellets will do for the tank

vic

over time it will disappear I have some red slime due to newer system and over feeding like no other. and a mis-hap with vodka over dose and a elbow thats another story. but ecobak has been slowly making it disappear i am still feeding heavy but they are making a difference thats for sure. if you order the stock avast reactor it will not fit a full liter of pellets avast will custom cut what you want. I am running 2 liters of ecobac pellets and have in 2 reactors and one set in a mesh bag by my return. the other 2 are in exiting from the reactors in the skimmer section.

southstar66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the TLF reactor, that I am running bio pellets in. I have a mj1200 for a pump, but they wont swirl the pellets at all. Aren't they supposed to be swirling, not just siting there? Any help would be good

moto826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try using that plastic mesh like in the above pic to get them to tumble thats what i had to do

mudguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the longest someone has it in their tank. What are the results? I haven't been able to find any results base on the long term usage. Thanks.

Bigevill1

Big and Evil
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There arent any long term results because the product isnt even on the shelves yet in stores, or online. Those of us who are using it have gotten it directly from Warner. I am on about 45 days right now and have noticed that some of my SPS are showing better colors.

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 9 days running EcoBak, my water is clearer, the glass requires less cleaning, and my skimmer is producing about three times the volume of skim mate vs. before I started the pellets.

I did not have high nitrates or phosphate before the pellets, just primarily looking to replace GFO with something that does not require as much maint. I am sure there will be other benefits as the pellets seed properly. Not any noticeable difference in coral colors yet, but still early.

Ricordea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 9 days running EcoBak, my water is clearer, the glass requires less cleaning, and my skimmer is producing about three times the volume of skim mate vs. before I started the pellets.

I did not have high nitrates or phosphate before the pellets, just primarily looking to replace GFO with something that does not require as much maint. I am sure there will be other benefits as the pellets seed properly. Not any noticeable difference in coral colors yet, but still early.
I've been running Bac for about 2 months now.And tank is still clear,also panes are staying cleaner a lot longer also.But you mention doing away with the GFO?Now I'm stll running both still.But I haven't taken the GFO off line just yet?Not sure if I should ? Being Bac is doing what's it's suppose to do.It's fairly new product,and we don't have all the answer yet either.Does this product totally replace GFO.They may have to work together,even if it say removes PO4 .Also everyone tank levels being different?I guess right now is what ever works best for you.

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still running the GFO for now. I will wait until the pellets get seeded and then see what changes when I cut off the GFO. Still too soon to tell what the long term benefits will be, but I would like to think it will eliminate the need for GFO.

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

We are now shipping RETAIL PACKAGED ecoBAK so it is no longer available DIRECT from Warner Marine. Please contact your LFS/e-tailer for availability.

Please let me know what you think of the packaging, we're very excited about the new look. The graphics designer REALLY hit it out of the park...

ebakretail.jpg

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice graphics, almost sorry I got mine in the plain white container. Well not really, happy to have no P and slowly no N. Thanks WM

OP
OP
Shadowramy

Shadowramy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys, been out for about two weeks up in Akron, Ohio visiting my mother. Got home hoping to see and impressive results but nothing extra special. My colors are staying a solid color which is a plus. I have not dosed any zeo products in two weeks.

The aglae in my fuge is still there and actually starting to get some green slime agae. I did crank up my pump a little on the reactor to help stir the pellets a bit. There are some place in low flow areas that I am getting some green algae. The pellets have been running about three weeks right now.

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the update... at 3 weeks you should start to see the nutrient levels drop. Max results by 6-7 weeks.

Availability UPDATE, Premium Aquatics now offering ecoBAK online...

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice graphics, almost sorry I got mine in the plain white container. Well not really, happy to have no P and slowly no N. Thanks WM

What container, mine came in a plastic bag :bigsmile:

Still seeing a lot more skimmate after 13 days, but not a lot else. Needs more time.
Nitrates are under 5 and I don't have anything more precise for PO4 than API. Need to get someone with a Hanna to test for me.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the update... at 3 weeks you should start to see the nutrient levels drop. Max results by 6-7 weeks.

Availability UPDATE, Premium Aquatics now offering ecoBAK online...

I'm not getting any results when I go online.

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What container, mine came in a plastic bag :bigsmile:

Still seeing a lot more skimmate after 13 days, but not a lot else. Needs more time.
Nitrates are under 5 and I don't have anything more precise for PO4 than API. Need to get someone with a Hanna to test for me.

those were high quality plastic bags lol thats how mine arrived also

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ecoBAK available online NOW at premiumaquatics.com

Jon, I've been on the fence with trying the biopellets for some time. I am wondering what is different about your pellets and why I should purchase them? Lastly, do you believe 250mL package would be sufficient for a 65 gallon cube with 15 gallon sump, minus 35 pounds of rock and other displacement factors, or would it be better for me to size up?
Thank you!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back