Eibli (Red Stripe) Angelfish owners....feeding....

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has been 4 or 5 days, we've gotten past the aggression stage between her and the coral beauty thankfully, was a risk. She seems especially preoccupied with feeding off all my live rock, filters etc, voraciously, no interest whatsoever on feeding, even when it's a broadcast of small cyclops etc for the entire reef? We good here? I've got plenty of seasoned rock, just figured she might be appetized eventually? Thanks all.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf angels are benthic feeders so they sometimes wont take to broadcast feeding right away. Eibli typically take to typical aquarium food easily but some individuals of any species can be stubborn. I would try smearing food on a rock, I typically mix an angel food prep like hikari mega marine angel with mastic and smear the mix on a rock. you can also try nori either on a clip or rubber banded to a rock that has worked in the past for me with potters angels.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all unusual for newly introduced dwarf angels to just graze. Particularly true for potters, lemonpeel and eibli. Just takes a bit of time. Important to have plenty of grazable surfaces.

OP
OP
CanuckReefer

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf angels are benthic feeders so they sometimes wont take to broadcast feeding right away. Eibli typically take to typical aquarium food easily but some individuals of any species can be stubborn. I would try smearing food on a rock, I typically mix an angel food prep like hikari mega marine angel with mastic and smear the mix on a rock. you can also try nori either on a clip or rubber banded to a rock that has worked in the past for me with potters angels.
Not at all unusual for newly introduced dwarf angels to just graze. Particularly true for potters, lemonpeel and eibli. Just takes a bit of time. Important to have plenty of grazable surfaces.
Thanks both for the input, plenty of grazing area for her thankfully, and I will try the paste on rock idea this eve.
Here she be, grazing, and also thankfully thusfar getting along with her Dwarf CB counterpart...
20201228_190711.jpg
20201228_191029.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back