Elevated Se/Si/La cause for concern?

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After battling to refresh my tank for the better part of the last year I finally sent off an Triton ICP to check water quality.
I'm trying to make sense of my readings and if I should take any action. Elevated elements are
Se 6.02 ug/l
La 3.75 ug/l
Si 1199 ug/l

La I understand as I aggressively leveraged Phosphate RX to overcome a major algae bloom. I anticipate this should drop with my AWC (3.5GPD/160 system volume). Si I am perplexed how it is getting into the tank and it very well may have been neglected RODI filtration. However, I recently switched to the BRS Pro DI line up of Cation/Anion/Mix Bed with my HM COM-100 reading 0-0.5 TDS. Last up, Se I am also unsure on root cause.

I'm going to go ahead an replace the Anion bed of my RODI system just in case (color change is about 70% depleted) and I ordered Sera Marin Silicate Clear before I realized it is likely going to strip my PO4 which I'm struggling to raise as is. Would it be worth running Metasorb for Se? Or am I better off just doing 6 weeks of WCs and see where I stand?

Thanks in advance

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back