Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I won the Saltwater aquarium tanksgiving sweepstakes and got a brand new Evo 13.5 on its way!

A little about what I want this tank to be for. We just welcomed a beautiful baby girl (5 weeks ago) and I’m thinking of setting this tank up for her to help introduce her to the biology and environmental aspects of the hobby.

I plan on keeping the tank completely stock so we don’t have to spend to much on setting it up. We have had a few different thoughts between me and the wife of what to do so here’s what we are thinking.

1) octopus tank! Dwarf octopus are frequent in the lfs in Florida and would be fun/cool to do. This is more for us as parents before setting tank up for our daughter.

2) seahorse tank with gorgonians and softies like zoas. Wife has always wanted some and it’s always been a no from me lol. I know everywhere says it should be a 30+ gal tank for seahorses so they have some height to swim but at work we raise seahorses in troughs that are 10” or so tall. But I’m thinking a pair of lined seahorses would do fine as a species tank for quite some time (can get them as small as I want).

3) A clownfish/anemone tank. This would be a complete biotype tank with just the clowns and nems.

So I’d like everyone’s opinion on which they would set up to help introduce a young reefer to the hobby.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your option 2, the seahorse tank. You could also keep a pipefish with the two seahorses and some assorted corals; that would make a lovely unique tank.

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just welcomed a beautiful baby girl (5 weeks ago) and I’m thinking of setting this tank up for her to help introduce her to the biology and environmental aspects of the hobby.

Congrats!

Let's be real, it's going to be more than a few years before that lesson is going to land in any capacity

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 30.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back