Extreme Water Clarity and Cyano Eradication, Made Easy!

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to check in- I was super excited to try this Coral Snow, specifically to hopefully clear up all the loose sediment that is in my water column. I found a 94% food grade Calcium Carbonate on Amazon and have mixed 1/4 tsp with 8ml RODI to dose into my 32g BioCube. I've used my biocube protein skimmer (not the best skimmer, but it kind of works) and a super fine mechinical filtration pad while dose twice over the last three days.

I'm still seeing plenty of loose sediment within my water column. Everyone else seems to have amazing results, so just wondering if anyone else had my experience and what solved it?

Thanks
Same for me. I’ve dosed twice, a week apart. Maybe some improved clarity, but there’s still a ton of particles floating around.

Jobu183

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same for me. I’ve dosed twice, a week apart. Maybe some improved clarity, but there’s still a ton of particles floating around.
Yea. I’m hoping someone here can shed some light because I would love to be able to reduce the sediment

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question with this method is what happens eventually to the calcium cargonate? Does it just keep accumulating and add to the inert stuff that we keep blowing off the rocks? My water is already very clear but I'm fighting a cyano outbreak and was thinking about trying this but my reef is 19 years old and already has too much stuff that gets blown around when I try to blow it off before a water change. I'd hate to just add to it.

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you SunnyX My saltwater tank has improved, can it be used in a freshwater aquarium?
This! I have a small outdoor koi pond, even with a slimmer and rated UV filtration system the constant sun and debris makes it impossible to have a clean pond. Can I use this coral snow method when cleaning the algae and debris?

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a reef tank, the CaCO3 is going to be pretty much insoluble, but in a freshwater tank it will likely dissolve unless your water is already very hard. This will likely increase the hardness, alkalinity and pH of the water.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back