Fighting Clown Fish

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have 2 Misbar clowns in my 10G - They were sold as a pair by Live Aqauria , when I got them there was a noticeable size difference but now they are getting much the same size, and since that point they have started to fight, one being much more dominant than the other, the fighting subsided for a while but its back on now. The less dominant one is looking a bit stressed today, more than usual, its looking a little more pale than usual.

I have a 100G also, with a pair of clowns in that tank that just hot a wave maker. they do not move. Just looking for advice, I considered moving the less dominant one to this tank but not sure what would happen, if introducing it might just upset the apple cart.

Any ideas? Or should I just let them get on with it? The fighting has been going on for about a month now.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the fish hiding in corners, breathing heavily?
Are there tears to the fishes fins?

Try to move parts of the scape around.

Since the pair has been together for awhile I am less concerned. My female mis-bar used to slam the male mis-bar for a couple days, and then stop.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the fish hiding in corners, breathing heavily?
Are there tears to the fishes fins?

Try to move parts of the scape around.

Since the pair has been together for awhile I am less concerned. My female mis-bar used to slam the male mis-bar for a couple days, and then stop.
At certain times of the day it does stay in corners yes, and there is some heavy breathing. The more dominant one does not like her going near food at feeding time.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back