Filter roller for a Trigger Systems Ruby 30 Sump

Nardi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a filter roller with this sump? Having a hard time finding one that is compatible
1000008274.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nardi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RUBY30S
Dimensions: 30″ long x 14″ wide x 15″ high
Drain/Skimmer Section: 11″ x 13.5″
Center/Refugium Section: 9.5″ x 13.5″
Return Pump Section: 6″ x 13.5″
Total Water Volume: 25.0 gallons
Skimmer Water Level: 9.5″ fixed

Upvote 0

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RUBY30S
Dimensions: 30″ long x 14″ wide x 15″ high
Drain/Skimmer Section: 11″ x 13.5″
Center/Refugium Section: 9.5″ x 13.5″
Return Pump Section: 6″ x 13.5″
Total Water Volume: 25.0 gallons
Skimmer Water Level: 9.5″ fixed
You can fit a red sea reef mat 500 in there. You will have to run your skimmer in the center section, which should be fine since that section will also have constant water level. Just won’t be able to run a refugium in there if you were planning on it. That center brace is an unfortunate design though…

I just installed a reef mat in my sump with extremely similar design as yours. I had do some minor cutting of one baffle to get the plumbing to fit, but acrylic is pretty painless to modify. I will get some photos for you when I get home later.

Attachments

• IMG_3771.jpeg
    IMG_3771.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Nardi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can fit a red sea reef mat 500 in there. You will have to run your skimmer in the center section, which should be fine since that section will also have constant water level. Just won’t be able to run a refugium in there if you were planning on it. That center brace is an unfortunate design though…

I just installed a reef mat in my sump with extremely similar design as yours. I had do some minor cutting of one baffle to get the plumbing to fit, but acrylic is pretty painless to modify. I will get some photos for you when I get home later.
I appreciate that! Yeah, pretty unfortunate because I have the refugium filled with chaeto and rock currently. Just getting sick of changing and washing filter socks haha

Upvote 0

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that! Yeah, pretty unfortunate because I have the refugium filled with chaeto and rock currently. Just getting sick of changing and washing filter socks haha
I totally understand. Thats why I installed my roller mat just a couple weeks ago and I love it. Unfortunately, I doubt you will find any roller that will fit in your first chamber if you leave the skimmer in there. You could consider an external skimmer if you can afford it and its that important to you to get the roller mat and keep your fuge. Or just go without the socks completely. I ran without socks for a long time successfully and many folks on here do. My tank just got old and I let detritus get out of hand so had to go back to mechanical filtration for a while at least.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Nardi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand. Thats why I installed my roller mat just a couple weeks ago and I love it. Unfortunately, I doubt you will find any roller that will fit in your first chamber if you leave the skimmer in there. You could consider an external skimmer if you can afford it and its that important to you to get the roller mat and keep your fuge. Or just go without the socks completely. I ran without socks for a long time successfully and many folks on here do. My tank just got old and I let detritus get out of hand so had to go back to mechanical filtration for a while at least.
Hmm yeah, I'm sure I could move some things around. I'll mess around and take some measurements to see how things will work out.

If you could send a couple pictures whenever you have a chance that'd be great.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay. Here are some pictures of how I have my red sea reef mat 500 installed. You can see I had to cut a hole in the first baffle to get the plumbing to fit, but that hole doesn’t affect flow or water level since the first 2 chambers are always the same constant level already.

Attachments

• IMG_3782.jpeg
    IMG_3782.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3781.jpeg
    IMG_3781.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3779.jpeg
    IMG_3779.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Nardi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay. Here are some pictures of how I have my red sea reef mat 500 installed. You can see I had to cut a hole in the first baffle to get the plumbing to fit, but that hole doesn’t affect flow or water level since the first 2 chambers are always the same constant level already.
Awesome, thank you! I think I'll do something similar.

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back