Filter Sock for Nano Tank?

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have a JBJ 15G cube. The Overflow Chamber: 3.25"L x 4"W x 16"H.
I am looking to get a filter sock for it, but I can't find a 2.75 inch filter sock with a ring that holds it. The 4 inch ring is too big so I am kinda stuck.
Anyone know what I can do?

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about media basket?

Intank makes a nice one or search the 3d printing threads for file or someone who can make you one.

OP
OP
NoMu Fish

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about media basket?

Intank makes a nice one or search the 3d printing threads for file or someone who can make you one.
I'll check it out. Thank you!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have a JBJ 15G cube. The Overflow Chamber: 3.25"L x 4"W x 16"H.
I am looking to get a filter sock for it, but I can't find a 2.75 inch filter sock with a ring that holds it. The 4 inch ring is too big so I am kinda stuck.
Anyone know what I can do?
Have you tried a RS Max Nano filter sock?

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has a IM Nuvo 10, IM Nuvo 20 and a IM 50 Lagoon the BEST thing I ever did was get ride of my media baskets and started using the IM filter socks. You would not believe the amount of brown/green crap they filter out daily. I have 2 sets for each tank and every other day I take out a sock, turn it inside out, rinse under the tap and then soak in a cup with bleach water. Then rinse it well under the tap a few hours(or the next day)and let it dry. I also like to suck detritus out of tank and squirt it into the sock right before removing it to clean.
Found this picture on a google search of someone who built a pvc stand and used a IM filter sock in his JBJ tank
jbj filter sock.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoMu Fish

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has a IM Nuvo 10, IM Nuvo 20 and a IM 50 Lagoon the BEST thing I ever did was get ride of my media baskets and started using the IM filter socks. You would not believe the amount of brown/green crap they filter out daily. I have 2 sets for each tank and every other day I take out a sock, turn it inside out, rinse under the tap and then soak in a cup with bleach water. Then rinse it well under the tap a few hours(or the next day)and let it dry. I also like to suck detritus out of tank and squirt it into the sock right before removing it to clean.
Found this picture on a google search of someone who built a pvc stand and used a IM filter sock in his JBJ tank
jbj filter sock.jpg
Thank you! I have heard great things like this about socks so I want to try and figure it out. I may have to resort to this!

OP
OP
NoMu Fish

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one but couldn't someone use a 3D printer and make a drop in adapted so you could use someone else's filter sock?
Yes! I have looked into that as well, not sure how to go about doing that myself!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 30 15.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 46 23.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back