Finding the right intensity - Radion

liam31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I currently have a 24-inch long tank with a depth of 20 inches. And here in the UK, I can't really rent a par meter. I am running modified Ab+ but with 20% white and 10% red and green.
I currently have 2 radion xr15 pro gen 4 mounted on the standard mounts at the standard height.

The current stock is a variety of zoa's on the sandbed, and on the lower rock work I have an acan (half bleached), Duncan, GSP, and a variety of mushrooms but I would love to add some SPS sticks to the upper rockwork that is around 12 inches off the sandbed. Before adding the second light my SPS all browned out and died. (I think I had nutrient problems too) And a big KH Swing. tank is now recovering well.

Currently have both set on Mobius at 40 percent overall intensity ramping up to 70% in a few weeks. But I have no idea if this would be too much or light or not enough.

Thanks for the help.

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,

2 X XR15 is massive overkill for a 2ft tank, I have 1 x xr15 G5 PRO on my 24" tank and its more than enough at 85% intensity. turn your greens and reds down to 5% and whites at 18-20% have your blues up to 95% and UV. 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down with a 1 hour moon light setting if the GEN4 have this option.

even with 2 light I have around 50-80 PAR on the sand bed and around 100-180 in middle of thank and couple inches below surface is 250-300

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 43 38.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back