Firefish Dark Spot

BellaD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Firefish jumped out of my tank a few days ago onto the carpet. Got him revived miraculously. He's eating and swimming fine, but I've recently noticed this dark mark/spot developing on his side. I'm wondering if it's some kind of trauma from the jump or something else. Also any way I could help him heal. Medications ect.... or if I should just let him be.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So my Firefish jumped out of my tank a few days ago onto the carpet. Got him revived miraculously. He's eating and swimming fine, but I've recently noticed this dark mark/spot developing on his side. I'm wondering if it's some kind of trauma from the jump or something else. Also any way I could help him heal. Medications ect.... or if I should just let him be.

Yes- its bacterial from a bruise or skin damage and while it should heal on its own, if reddens, will require treatment. You can use Ruby Rally Pro in the tank (follow directions) Or in quarantine using Seachem Kanaplex

OP
OP
BellaD

BellaD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes- its bacterial from a bruise or skin damage and while it should heal on its own, if reddens, will require treatment. You can use Ruby Rally Pro in the tank (follow directions) Or in quarantine using Seachem Kanaplex
Thank you for the reply much appreciated

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back