Firework?

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I think I know the answer for this but just want to make sure I’m right. Is this a firework? :C tried to remove it but went under the rock really fast….

IMG_1879.jpeg IMG_1880.jpeg IMG_1879.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yes I did mean fireworm but autocorrect is not helpful you sure it is not a fireworm? How can you tell so I can learn to identify them
There are very few types of fireworms that are harmful to coral (none are harmful to fish), and these are rare in the hobby. "Bristleworm" and "fireworm" are not scientific terms and are often used interchangeably.

I would bet good money that you'll never have a harmful fireworm in your tank unless you add live rock from the Gulf, and it's still unlikely you'd get one then.

"Fireworms" are the boogymen of the reef keeping world... they're actually the best cuc members you can have.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't often link to Wikipedia, but do so here mostly for the pics. The bearded fireworm is bold, crawls around during the day and you'll find it on SPS corals eating them. Again, it's highly unlikely that any worm you see in your tank will be one of these.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 97 80.8%
  • Other.

Back