First reef tank

sebbybarbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all,
So this is going to be my first saltwater/reef tank iv set up iv had freshwater tanks all my life. I recently got the fluval 32.5 all in one saltwater tank that I’m going to be using. My question is, other than a heater, protein skimmer and circulation pump what else do I need to get the tank going and to have the best “success”?(other than water, sand, and rocks) Thank you all in advance.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
seems you have everything you need so far. you can purchase a "cycle start" kit once everything is put together so you can cycle your tank.

also: welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!

OP
OP
sebbybarbs

sebbybarbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems you have everything you need so far. you can purchase a "cycle start" kit once everything is put together so you can cycle your tank.

also: welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!
Thank you! I’ll definitely look into that kit. Appreciate it!

OP
OP
sebbybarbs

sebbybarbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need good testing kits, I like hanna testers.

An ATO is not required, but sure makes life a lot easier.

Not sure if you mean circulation pump as a return pump or a powerhead, but should be at least one powerhead in the tank, 2 is always better.
Sorry yes I mean powerhead. I have one currently but will definitely add a second if I need more flow in the tank. Still gathering all the info and things I need before I jump into it. And I was looking into the Hanna testers everyone I know loves them

OP
OP
sebbybarbs

sebbybarbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting if corals are in your future!
I do plan on adding corals for sure. I have the fluval marine 3.0 that the kit came with do you think a second one would be a good option or should I look into scraping the lid the tank came with and getting a clear lid with better lighting options?

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all,
So this is going to be my first saltwater/reef tank iv set up iv had freshwater tanks all my life. I recently got the fluval 32.5 all in one saltwater tank that I’m going to be using. My question is, other than a heater, protein skimmer and circulation pump what else do I need to get the tank going and to have the best “success”?(other than water, sand, and rocks) Thank you all in advance.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I would recommend a Kessil light
welcometuna.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back