OP
JDapper

JDapper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned torn fins on the clown which you observed before passing.

I feel sorry for your struggles and hope nothing but the best for you and your remaining fish. Your tank will need to fallow.
No the torn fins is from whatever is wiping the fish out I believe cause the flame angel has some nipped fins and he is the only one with something still on him and all the other fish that died their fins were also nipped up

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the torn fins is from whatever is wiping the fish out I believe cause the flame angel has some nipped fins and he is the only one with something still on him and all the other fish that died their fins were also nipped up
So you think you have fin rot in your tank along with other disease? I highly doubt this as fin rot usually develops from an unkept tank with bad parameters resulting in very poir water quality. I think what happened is your fish matured over the last year or two and the crowded conditions resulted in stress and aggression. Now combine this with the recent addition of a new large fish possibly ill because no QT was done and you have a recipe for disaster as you are experiencing now. I feel bad for you and hope you can make some informed decisions in the future after your tank has fallowed for the required period of time.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 43.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back