Fish Disease Calculators

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the course of caring for our fish, we often need to make calculations regarding several recommended treatment options. Most water quality maintenance steps are supported by calculations provided in the "Reef Chemistry by Randy Holmes Farley" forum. Taking it a step further, additional calculations are necessary during the process of administering medications either in the water or in food, hyposalinity treatments and operating quarantine tanks.

The Excel file linked below provides several calculators you may find useful in the future.

FISH DISEASE CALCULATORS
This Excel Workbook contains 4 calculators to assist hobbyists care for their fish.
• Salinity Calculations to determine correct salt and water volumes to achieve desired salinity.
• Water Medication Calculations to determine the correct volume of soluble medication and water to achieve the desired concentration.
• Length - Weight Calculator to estimate the weight of fish based on statistical correlation of weight and length of fish for selected species.
Medicated Food Calculator to determine the amount of food and medication necessary to achieve the correct dosage based on the estimated weight of the fish.

I thank @Jay Hemdal for proposing this tool and for his assistance over the past couple of months as we have pulled it together.

David

Attachments

• Fish Disease Calculators V1.xlsx
    96.5 KB · Views: 293

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
During the course of caring for our fish, we often need to make calculations regarding several recommended treatment options. Most water quality maintenance steps are supported by calculations provided in the "Reef Chemistry by Randy Holmes Farley" forum. Taking it a step further, additional calculations are necessary during the process of administering medications either in the water or in food, hyposalinity treatments and operating quarantine tanks.

The Excel file linked below provides several calculators you may find useful in the future.

FISH DISEASE CALCULATORS
This Excel Workbook contains 4 calculators to assist hobbyists care for their fish.
• Salinity Calculations to determine correct salt and water volumes to achieve desired salinity.
• Water Medication Calculations to determine the correct volume of soluble medication and water to achieve the desired concentration.
• Length - Weight Calculator to estimate the weight of fish based on statistical correlation of weight and length of fish for selected species.
Medicated Food Calculator to determine the amount of food and medication necessary to achieve the correct dosage based on the estimated weight of the fish.

I thank @Jay Hemdal for proposing this tool and for his assistance over the past couple of months as we have pulled it together.

David
No qualms about those calculators - If there is one you can't find - Hamza's calculators are also good (hamza.com)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back