Fish dying in tank weekly? PLEASE ID DISEASE and treatment for QT

OMG Corals

meat popsicle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like second clown brought the infection. Do a treatment and lower the salinity in your qt. Acclimate the fish to this lower salinity.

Also, noticed in your parameter list that your salt keeps going up with evaporation. That is normal. You should add fresh water for evaporation between water changes. Try to keep the tank topped off everyday if you do not have an auto topoff system. Get some phosphate remover cause .25 is too high.

OP
OP
Stinger

Stinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this morning another one of my chromas was dead, the one in this pic with the bad spot. so i removed the last chroma and put him in the QT. so all thats left is my six line and my baggai cardinal. So if the cardinal and six line survive, i know that the disease was just one that affects clown family only.CLOWN DISEASE

OP
OP
Stinger

Stinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lateral, you and Dro i believe are CORRECT!! the last chromis I took out of display and put in QT tank for 14 days, nothing in the display but 1 cardinal and the 1" long Sixline. So last weekend I decided to put the chromis back in the display and he is healthy . 2 days later he has a few scales missing on his back side!! I think the killer shows up at night . so when and if this last chromis dies, i will have to do something with this ruthless killer!! he sure is pretty , but looks are decieving.:sad:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back