OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should do 4-6 cardinal fish. They are schooling and timid. Doesn't matter if you do pajama, bangaii, or mix, a small school will look great. As far as tangs, I'd reccomend two. Either a yellow and purple, or a hippo (regal) and desjardini (red sea sailfin) make a great combo in a 75 gal. I currently have a Regal, Purple, and Desjardini in my 75. They are small and get along well and will be fine in there for a couple years together, but I am also getting a 180 in 2 wks and the regal will go in there when he's bigger. Plus, you can get regals captive bred like i did. Saves money for more corals, and is ecological.
wont the purple and yellow fight?

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not super long, if you want that many fish I would get a sump and some real live rock. It will be better than the canister filter.
ok, im not set on getting that many fish now but i at least want a tang and an exquisite wrasse

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellows can be just as mean my purple is chill so is my powder blue

He's right on the money with that tangs really comes down to the tang. You'll find a lot of the "rules" of the hobby can be broken (with varying degrees of success). They mainly exist as guidelines on what's likely to work and what's easiest/most ideal. Most of the advice you get on the forum will vassalate between best practices and what CAN work, and the truth is everything essentially a spectrum of what's likely to work and how much work you're willing to put into it. Food for thought

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to err on the side of caution giving advice just because if things blow up because you took on something very challenging still being new I don't want you to get discouraged and leave the hobby. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to stocking choices especially the first couple years in the hobby

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also for a tang i wanted a (i want them all lol) but the acanthurus coerulus i think is how you spell it but i read that they can get to 15 inches but then a different site said 8... anybody know the real size?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back