Fish toys?

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, odd question here and I see noone has posted anything about it that I could find. Does anyone get toys for their fish to play with lol?

I ask because I have a powder blue tang who constantly swims in circles around a frag rack i have and seems like it's bored as all get.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that what inverts are for? ;)

Get a powerhead if you don't have one, play around with the modes, and drop some food into its wake. My multicolor angel loves to be blown around the wake and enjoys chasing roe (and flakes) throughout the tank when I put it in the flow

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine a Potato Head to play with... But now they refuse to tell me whether it's a "Mrs." or "Mrs."

Lol. Sorry... just couldn't resist a little just-past-Midnight humor! Best wishes ;)
When kept by themselves, they turn into a Mr. Potatohead at maturity. If they are kept in a group, only the dominant one turns into a Mr.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol nice, was out of pure curiosity really. My wife was watching the fish and said that fish needs a toy, like hamsters have a wheel lol.. but it never dawned on me until she said that, so I Google it and they actually make toys for fish lol. Figured I start a thread about it, sounded fun.

OP
OP
Dryanimtt

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg I love this, I advocate for animal enrichment so this is great! I use live mysis once in a month to let the fish hunt
I actually never thought of dropping some live mysis in, good idea, might just try that for the pure well being of all the fish.

Skullring

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My diamond goby has Little Rock’s and snail shells that he uses to build his fortress every night. If the hermit crabs get in his area he carries them away. He is an engineer so he seems to enjoy that.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back