Fish tuberculosis or ??? Watchman gobi

rh nursery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi bought a yellow watchman gobi from LSF and when I got it home realization that gobi had issues. After searching for all manor of reasons I came upon fish tuberculosis. It fits this fish to a t...
So I'm looking for any advice? Other possibilities, its in qt with my black an white clown fish. Ol yellers settling into the tank nice enough. Lol was super hungry ate food immediately after ( 10 min ) entry into tank.
I read tuberculosis is something I want to destroy asap... any thoughts?

20240429_212141.jpg 20240429_212210.jpg 20240429_212713.jpg 20240429_213207.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor fish - I'm not sure how to help here, but many one of the Fish Medics will know what you can do.

I'd suggest at a minimum posting the info suggested in the quote below, and if possible reading through the link below that (particularly the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) to figure out what info you can share here with the #fishmedic to get the best diagnosis and treatment advice possible:
Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.
Also, for future reference (don't use it this time) with these sorts of issues, posting in the forum linked below can get you help faster:

OP
OP
R

rh nursery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi bought a yellow watchman gobi from LSF and when I got it home realization that gobi had issues. After searching for all manor of reasons I came upon fish tuberculosis. It fits this fish to a t...
So I'm looking for any advice? Other possibilities, its in qt with my black an white clown fish. Ol yellers settling into the tank nice enough. Lol was super hungry ate food immediately after ( 10 min ) entry into tank.
I read tuberculosis is something I want to destroy asap... any thoughts?

20240429_212141.jpg 20240429_212210.jpg 20240429_212713.jpg 20240429_213207.jpg

Attachments

• 20240429_221313.jpg
    20240429_221313.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
R

rh nursery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody was jealous gobi was in the limelight.... lol kept getting in the way

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it acting off at all? Any visible lesions or just the back?
Myco is not really an easily treatable infection - everything I’ve seen on it suggests that euthanizing all exposed fish is the only way to really stop it. It rarely hits plague proportions though, more often it is a killer of older fish.
It could be that the fish was injured to cause the broken back.

By the way, a qt really shouldn’t have any rock or sand - it absorbs copper meds and makes dosing tricky.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Sharkbait19 - Mycobacteria is mostly a disease of older fish and rarely causes external lesions. Myco is found in every aquarium, even in frozen fish foods, so trying to get rid of it is a losing proposition.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back