FishKam Aquarium Remote Monitoring Camera Review and UnBoxing

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FishKam Aquarium Remote Monitoring Camera Review and UnBoxing

Aquarium remote video monitoring has seen a resurgence with the release of the newest underwater camera, but the high cost has many people looking elsewhere. This included me, and this is what I decided to give a try - The New FishKAM available on Amazon.com retailing for $19.99 for a limited launch promotion - https://www.amazon.com/FISHKAM-Aquarium-Wireless-Remote-Monitoring/dp/B06XPKMX13/

The packaging is very clean and professional and well packaged.

IMG_1198.jpg IMG_1200.jpg IMG_1201.jpg IMG_1205.jpg

The camera is extremely easy to set up. You download the 360eyeS app on the iTunes or Android stores, and follow the prompts to add your camera.

IMG_1212.PNG IMG_1214.PNG

The camera has an attached suction cup that allows attachment to the tank or any other smooth surface, and has a mobile neck for positioning the camera. One limitation is that the neck has one spot that does not allow you to completely lay the camera flat against the aquarium glass if mounting in certain positions.

IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1203.JPG IMG_1204.JPG IMG_1206.JPG IMG_1207.JPG

The camera power cable is also a bit short, and may limit the location of installation. This could possibly be remedied with a USB extension cable, but I have not tried this yet. The fisheye lens allows a great wide angle view of the tank, and the quality is more than enough to view your fish and corals. The camera allows you to capture photos, and even video. One additional nice feature is the ability to speak over the camera with the touch of a button! This comes in handy when helping a fish sitter with your tanks while away!

IMG_1208.PNG IMG_1209.PNG IMG_1210.PNG IMG_1211.PNG

Overall, with the introductory price of $19.99, this is a nice monitoring tool with many features of much more expensive options.

Have you tried this or any other economical video tank monitoring camera? Post your experiences below!

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested the camera remotely, and the frame rate does drop, but was still working. It did take awhile to load, but after a minute the stream did start.

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you add the feed to an apex?
nice looking angels :)
Thanks! I like my angels =) but I feel like I am tempting fate with 4 large species in my tank now!

As far as the APEX, I have been trying to do this for the past half hour...have not found a way yet

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an example of a video recording from the camera and app

Parker36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say that I have had this camera for 1 day and I already like it more than the ReefCam that I had for 2 days. I bought that IceCap ReefCam and it was horrible for my setup. I am not sure if anyone else has the problem I was having but when any blue lights came on it was a terrible picture. Not to mention I paid $199 for that camera and ended up selling it 2 days later. I got this camera for $29.99 and the view from it is already way better for my setting. It does have a weird picture spin when you just try to enlarge and zoom in, but overall this thing is awesome.

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say that I have had this camera for 1 day and I already like it more than the ReefCam that I had for 2 days. I bought that IceCap ReefCam and it was horrible for my setup. I am not sure if anyone else has the problem I was having but when any blue lights came on it was a terrible picture. Not to mention I paid $199 for that camera and ended up selling it 2 days later. I got this camera for $29.99 and the view from it is already way better for my setting. It does have a weird picture spin when you just try to enlarge and zoom in, but overall this thing is awesome.
Ya I really agree. I did a lot of digging into the underwater cam, but with so many bad reviews I went looking elsewhere. This camera could still see some app improvements, but good image quality. I can live with the odd zoom for saving $180!!

Alan Ishida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. I already ordered one.
How does recording mode work? Does it record 24 hours or only via app and saved in smartphone memory?

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. I already ordered one.
How does recording mode work? Does it record 24 hours or only via app and saved in smartphone memory?
It saves via the app to your phones photos. It can do video or still images at the touch of a button

Jmlmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lag for about 3 seconds but crystal clear...but my router is sitting maybe 10 foot away. Has anyone inserted a memory card in camera?? You can't beat this camera for the money I'm buying another one for my home tank.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lag for about 3 seconds but crystal clear...but my router is sitting maybe 10 foot away. Has anyone inserted a memory card in camera?? You can't beat this camera for the money I'm buying another one for my home tank.

Its my house and the thick wood walls. My router is very close too. Its not the fish kam's fault.

Jmlmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone use the micro SD? I know that I can only except two gigs of memory maybe an update in the future will correct this and I'm not real sure what it's used for

Jmlmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the SD port when memory installed records video for 2/3 hours basically a short 1 1/2 playback.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back