Flame angel a good choice as my final fish?

MikeD88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump/refugium... I have 85 lbs. of live rock. I have a Bermuda 5c skimmer (rated up to 500 gallons) which kicks butt. I also use miracle mud/rock rubble / and cheato in my fuge. So my filtration rocks so far. So far I have a Midas blenny, Bangai Cardinal, Occularis clown, black occularis clow, a baby blue hippo, and a small lieutenant tang. My plan is to get one last fish. I was thinking about a flame angel. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they generaly totaly reef safe? I have clams and cleaner shrimp. Will they be ok? Any suggestions on this? Also... do you think I could do 2 more fish instead of just the one? Any help please and thank you!

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im superstitious, I never call last run snowboarding, or last run mountain biking. Even if it is, its a no no. So final fish, I said that once. And it messed with the Karma and everything, and the fish basically snaked on about 1400 polyps before I caught the little ****.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had a couple FA over the yrs and never had a problem with them eating coral but the would nip never cause any harm tho. Ive seen alot of hippo's that eat LPS so you never know it just depends on the fish. You could always setup a QT with some okay lights and put a few corals in there to see how he does with them

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a problem with them eating corals, but they're all individuals.

OP
OP
MikeD88

MikeD88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with flames and clams together? I have a feeling that the clam would be a flame's snack of choice.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clam is the #1 I would be concerned about...Corals can take a nipping and grow fast enough that some say the nipping will actually cause a reaction in the corals to grow faster. But clams are much more fragile then corals and cannot take it like corals can. If it happens often enough and long enough it will kill the clam due to stress and the clam closing and not opening enough. It will either starve or get sick and become food for clean up crew.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back