FLOOR JOIST(s) question!

Ohmboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I am moving my tank to a new house and the only feasible spot for it runs parallel to joists:

92 gallon rimless (Reefer 450)
55 gallon sump underneath
Stand weighs close to 200 lbs

The joists are I-Beam (see picture)
There is one single joist directly underneath the tank. The rear of the tank sits at a concrete foundation support, and on one side there is concrete support where the single joist starts.

There is about 8 ft between the two supports of the joist, and I added 2 floor jacks about 2.75 ft apart from eachother in between the ends of the joist.

Any opinions on this? Preferably people with real knowledge / experience / related job skills

Screenshot_20240330-162347_Drive.jpg

boisblancboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. I’ve been building homes for 20 years fyi. By the sounds of it you should be just fine but any chance you could snap a picture of your supports?

OP
OP
O

Ohmboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. I’ve been building homes for 20 years fyi. By the sounds of it you should be just fine but any chance you could snap a picture of your supports?
The supports are the I beam style pictured.

The worry is mainly because there is only one single joist running the length of tank, somewhere between the middle or front third of the tank. However, the rear of tank is about 4 inches from the concrete supported wall, and the right side of tank is about 6 inches from the outer concrete supported wall.

I added 2 floor jacks spaced 2.5 ft from eachother around the center of the tank area in crawlspace (tank is 5 ft long)... but it seems to wobble if I bounce on the floor near it. It is in a dining room with faux (plastic) wood panel flooring.

Would love any recommendation. If you want a picture of the exact floor joists or any more info let me know please

Screenshot_20240330-162347_Drive.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back