Flow for 72x36x30 (LxWxH)

Illini_Drew33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the midst of my upgrade from my 180 to 337. I have an mp40 mp60 and two gyre maxspect 350s. What are the thoughts on how to best arrange existing pumps? I was considering the mps on either end and then having the gyres in the back with the flow coming forward. Or perhaps i put the gyres vertical in the back corners to create a whirlpool effect?

Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the midst of my upgrade from my 180 to 337. I have an mp40 mp60 and two gyre maxspect 350s. What are the thoughts on how to best arrange existing pumps? I was considering the mps on either end and then having the gyres in the back with the flow coming forward. Or perhaps i put the gyres vertical in the back corners to create a whirlpool effect?

Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you
I’m a fan of running gyres vertically in the back corners. It seems to keep them clean longer and you can mess with aiming the individual blades on each pump in different directions to create more random turbulence while still pushing water along the back of the tank.

You can even design your scape for gaps so the top blade of the vertical gyres has a place to push through the rockwork.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most likely you will have to just play with them once your scape is complete.

I would try to MPs on the back wall pushing forward and the Gyres pushing across. sometimes the dry side sticking out the side of the tank is like a wart. haha

Back