Flow recommendations please

Brav403

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Max Nano G2 XL (33gal) and I have always struggled with flow upto the point where I've decided to ask for advice.

I only really have one low flow area of the tank which is where the duncan & hammer are (they are abit close, Hammer is acclimating to lights so will be moved when I can sort my flow)

The Red Sea Pump has always been a pain as its incredibly powerful and so I always angled directly to the surface (plus it's good for agitation)

As you can see from the photos, the whole area at the front gets quite the high flow and the GSP gets blasted on that island it seems.

Any recommendations for flow and wavemaker positions? Particularly the return pump nozzle? As I feel my jebao wavemaker is in a good position.

20240520_170329.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brav403

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't change anything. The corals you have should do fine with low flow.
Thats fine I guess but the only issue I have is I'd like to occupy the front of the sandbed a little more but don't want to blast the hell out of whatever I put there

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks fine to me, I like a lot of flow in my tanks. But its hard to judge flow with a picture, a short video might help get better feedback.

Upvote 0

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I misread your OP. You might try using a Y or Tee on the redsea output or you might try fitting a valve on nthe output of the pump to slow it down.

Upvote 0

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
there's a small jebao gyre you can use for that application. that's an option or one of their smaller wave pumps.

Upvote 0
Back