Flower pot corals

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
İ have an awesome blue/green one (killer color), it will not open to save my life. İ know its alive.. İt acts like its going to flower up, i wait, i wait and... Nothing!!
Also have a yellow one, doing

I just got a frag and I noticed mine only tolerates low flow. It won't open otherwise. Let me see if I can find you a very informative article on these guys that I read.

Edit: Here you go! :D
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-10/nftt/index.php

Last edited:

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I love goniopora. I just acquired a lovely frag of a smaller-polyped variety (possibly stutchburyi, but they didn't know) from Cherry Corals and it's awesome. They said they feed theirs goniopower, something Two Little Fishes just came out with. From the look of this frag, the stuff works.

1374304795777.jpg

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These animals come from the intertidal zones for the most part. Dirty, shallow, water with variable flow would be the idea of what they get in nature. I have mine in a mars unit with a light and horrible parameters and it seems to be thriving....just my 2cents though

kth132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill get some pics I have a rock bigger then a softball with over 100 heads of read flower pot. also have green ones and another piece with some blueish green mine love flow.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill get some pics I have a rock bigger then a softball with over 100 heads of read flower pot. also have green ones and another piece with some blueish green mine love flow.
Ooh, I'd love to see that!

I believe some varieties like it better than others. Mine will only open in low flow.

kth132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try to get some pics up tonight. I purchased the rock from someone who said some stuff fell on it and only half were coming out. After about 2 weeks im at full strength again with all of them out but the weird thing is all the new ones that came out have twice as long skirts on them that kinda turn white in color very strange looking
Ooh, I'd love to see that!

I believe some varieties like it better than others. Mine will only open in low flow.

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are all gorgeous pics..

my flower pots are odd.. the green ones love the high part of tank, lots of flow n light.. the pink one is on bottom low flow low light.. so who knows i think i just get weird stuff with odd personalities

Ditzy3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much.. Today I got a pink one, well see how she does... I really love them.. Now I have red, pink, blue/green and yellow ones... Lol

Good luck with them <3 I took the leap because they're one of my favorites too.

kth132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's my red all the recovered heads have longer skirts with white tips not sure if they will go away and it's part of the process or what but it has recovered nicely

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 175 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back