Flukes or a scratch?

Dsoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I’m just being a little cautious, I did a water change today and right now I have two clowns and a starry blenny in the tank. Everything went well, later on I noticed something on the side of my starry blenny it looks like he scratched himself on a rock or something but there’s also something bubble like moving on his skin, which could be his skin just not really sure however it kind of resembles a fluke. So id just like some opinions and possible options on solutions if it is a disease. I uploaded a photo and video (shows it more clearly I believe). Thank you!
91606785-238C-4414-AAC7-55E84AC97AC7.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the Blenny ever been freshwater dipped or treated for or prophylactically treated for flukes?

OP
OP
D

Dsoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it has not when I purchased it from the pet shop it was there for a month with no signs of disease what’s so ever and it’s been in my tank for about 2weeks doing perfectly fine

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s flukes but they are very common in the distribution system now so many do make it to our display tanks.

I’d watch it carefully. Due to their behavior blennies can often get scratched as well.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 76 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back