OP
S

ShivanshMehra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent tried it, but i have gone through the thread of yours. We are looking to lower the salanity to 1.09 , but maintaining it is a deal. How about we donot let it increase but maybe decrease by a point or two. Will it work? Also what are the impacts of these on anemones , snails, star fish , shrimps and crabs ? Will it help us eradicate both fluke and ich?

Eventually clown tang is out of one anemones mouth. Seems he is the culprit, maybe she was going for a checkup to cleaner shrimp and got stuck or maybe was dead, before anemone got him. Whatever the case is we know the output atleast.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent tried it, but i have gone through the thread of yours. We are looking to lower the salanity to 1.09 , but maintaining it is a deal. How about we donot let it increase but maybe decrease by a point or two. Will it work? Also what are the impacts of these on anemones , snails, star fish , shrimps and crabs ? Will it help us eradicate both fluke and ich?

Eventually clown tang is out of one anemones mouth. Seems he is the culprit, maybe she was going for a checkup to cleaner shrimp and got stuck or maybe was dead, before anemone got him. Whatever the case is we know the output atleast.
You cannot run hyposalinity with ANY invertebrates in the tank - no snails, starfish, anything like that, only fish.

Decreasing the salinity a little bit won’t work.

OP
OP
S

ShivanshMehra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No what i meant was suppose i keep the salanity at 1.09 and then to maintain it , add water daily. If i add extra it could reduce to 1.08, because i dont have an auto refuelling system. Is that fine?

Also, how long should this system be followed?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No what i meant was suppose i keep the salanity at 1.09 and then to maintain it , add water daily. If i add extra it could reduce to 1.08, because i dont have an auto refuelling system. Is that fine?

Also, how long should this system be followed?

Oh, o.k., you should test the salinity daily. As long as you don't remove any water, you can just top up the tank with RO water.

Hyposalinity is typically run for 30 days. You must bring the fish out of Hyposalinity very slowly, over a period of 3 or 4 days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back