Fluval 13.5 flow recommendations

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking into adding more flow to my tank and I'm looking for insight on what others have done. I'm currently running a Sicce .5 with the VCA RFG but I dont think there is enough flow hitting the right side of the tank, enventually I want to put either a gsp or a hammer on the islands. I marked roughly where the flow is pointing and still seems very little on the right side.

1712780767408.jpeg

TranceLvr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first, I used one of the Hygger mini wavemakers, but it went into error mode enough, and I replaced an AI Nero 3. I liked the features and the size. I don't think I ever turned it up above 35% or so, but as people here tend to say, buy stuff assuming in the future you will upsize. :)

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first, I used one of the Hygger mini wavemakers, but it went into error mode enough, and I replaced an AI Nero 3. I liked the features and the size. I don't think I ever turned it up above 35% or so, but as people here tend to say, buy stuff assuming in the future you will upsize. :)
If i could, I'd definitely get a nero. How long did you have the Hygger Mini before it went into error mode?

TOMMYHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking into adding more flow to my tank and I'm looking for insight on what others have done. I'm currently running a Sicce .5 with the VCA RFG but I dont think there is enough flow hitting the right side of the tank, enventually I want to put either a gsp or a hammer on the islands. I marked roughly where the flow is pointing and still seems very little on the right side.

1712780767408.jpeg
What size is your rfg 1/2in or 1/4in.

Thanks,

FernFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept getting an Error 7 on it, usually it'd start again when I unplugged/plugged it back in, and that was 3 or 4 days into owning it. After that it just stopped working.
ive had mine for almost a year it recently stoped put it was because it was gunked up soaked it and good as new

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had mine for almost a year it recently stoped put it was because it was gunked up soaked it and good as new
Interesting lol, before I sent it back, I inspected it and internally it seemed fine. I just dont get how after a week it came up with an error. Regardless the Jebao I'm using right seems to be working really well. My GSP definitely enjoy the flow.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1712780767408.jpeg

For Soft Coral or LPS the standard pump is fine for flow.

If you're planning on adding SPS something like a Nero 3 on the opposite side of the tank works fine although is a bit of overkill. Mine runs set at about 40%.

For SPS you would also need to upgrade the light to something like a Hydra 16HD.

I wouldn't upgrade until you need it.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back