Fluval Evo 13.5 owners with chamber 1 intank basket.

TPATankNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went with this mod: Cut out some filter to jam between the Intank Media rack and the tank. Fits like a glove. Also did the egg crate to narrow the channel of the water flow (CA glue melts the egg crate so watch out!

Middle rack is chemi pure blue (2pcks)

Bottom rack is Phosguard. Is that supposed to float like that?

2nd chamber is the stock fluval bio rings in the pouch.

Any thoughts on this set up?

3c2b1dc46a3c23adae19c2b861f81d03.jpg
85459d2d67673ab24c8e1f463b90234f.jpg
81ff72808bb4c8fb8c017f77c7bca3e5.jpg

FrankBorges

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions for geniusgio
I did all of the modifications for my evo.. put the intank media basket in chamber 1.. now I noticed that chamber 2 and 3 has half the watee and the display tank is alost full to the top..
Thans

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions for geniusgio
I did all of the modifications for my evo.. put the intank media basket in chamber 1.. now I noticed that chamber 2 and 3 has half the watee and the display tank is alost full to the top..
Thans

I had this same issue. Water level in all the chambers was very low and the display water level was very high. I cut out about a half inch off the top of the inTank basket, where the water flows into it from the display, then cut off the tabs on the plastic skimming plate so it sits lower. Now water flows into chamber 1 and the inTank basket a little lower from the display tank and my water levels are now how they should be.

Papi Sanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same issue. Water level in all the chambers was very low and the display water level was very high. I cut out about a half inch off the top of the inTank basket, where the water flows into it from the display, then cut off the tabs on the plastic skimming plate so it sits lower. Now water flows into chamber 1 and the inTank basket a little lower from the display tank and my water levels are now how they should be.
do u have any pics i am thinking about this because the lower water level in the back chambers has forced me to put my heater in the display

ryn_keeto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Seconded - do you have a pic of this mod? I'm not currently at home and so will take a look when I get back, but pics would certainly help.

I've had the Chamber 1 basket for about 5 months now and while I love the focused circulation, it drives me crazy having a display tank level so gosh-darned high. I have a Clearview lid on the way, and the thought of it sitting in the water is a bit irritating (this is based on dimensions I received from Clearview and my current mesh top).

Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this issue!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back