Fluval Evo 13.5 Stocking order and numbers?

Just Learning Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cycling my new Fluval Evo 13.5 and have been thinking about what i want in the tank. After doing research about compatibility and numbers i finally settled on a this list. And no im not going to add them all at once.

Ocellaris Clown
Snowstorm Clownfish
Purple Firefish Goby
Royal Gramma
Cleaner Shrimp
Blood Red Fire Shrimp
Trochus Snail
Cerith Snail
Nassarius Snail (2)
Bumblebee Snails (2)

Is 4 fish just crazy? Do clows have to be paird or can i get away with 1? If they must be paired, which of the two others would be the best tank mate for the clowns? Im thinking the Royal Gramma just because its more active. I do love the purple firefish though. Is that too much for a cleanup crew? What should my stocking order to be? Im not in a rush to get it full, what should i get for the initial additions? Any and all help is appreciated! Ill stop asking questions now

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just add the fish slowly like you said you would do and see how your parameters are handling the stock in your tank. Clowns don't have to be paired- I had a pair and recently lost 1 a couple months ago. I would go with a pair though just because they like a mate and honestly they are a lot more fun to watch together. Don't add your snails until you start to see a good bit of algae growth so they don't starve.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back