Forgotten dosers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized that two of my GHL Doser 2 dosers weren't dosing, after I got an alarm on one of them about an empty dosing container, and realized that it wasn't close to empty. I was able to reconnect the dosers using the system menu function "Assign Devices", and the system remembered the dosing channels for both of them and everything is working again. But I don't know how long they were down for, and in the meantime I wasn't getting any dosing out of the assigned channels, some of which were fairly important (such as trace elements).

My question is - if the system saw the dosers (which it must have, since they were found in "assign devices"), then why didn't it automatically reconnect to them? Or if it's going to force you to manually reassign them, why doesn't it at least give you an error that it isn't seeing dosing channels with scheduled dosing? Instead of happily decreasing dosing container sizes, even though it isn't actually talking to the dosers.

My biggest concern is that this could happen again and I'll be missing days or weeks of dosing before I realize it.

Does anyone here know of a way to prevent this from happening again, or a way to detect it if it does?

I'd open a ticket, but my experience doing that hasn't been great, of late.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a PAB error, but not this time. Doesn't that only happen when something is not physically connected? In this case, they were connected, but had become "unassigned" somehow.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
If they were no longer assigned, it's because you launched an assignment when the Doser was no longer visible during a PAB alarm, and therefore unassigned them.
Or it could be that this happened after a major firmware update that erased all the parameters, and you would have restored the parameters but forgotten to redo the PAB assignment first.
Gaël

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back