OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this morning... checked the tank to find that my colony (in above post) RTN overnight, i fragged a few branches, i guess that the bug or whatever was stressing it started the RTN, i have to say that with the weekly dip, turkey baster and Interceptor, all combine may also have contributed.

I did my second Interceptor dose yesterday, and i can't find other bugs. I guess it's possitive for my other Acros.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completed the 3rd treatment today, did my WC and changed Carbon. Restarted GFO, skimmer.

Over the past 3 weeks during the treatment, i have seen a drastic change in my coral, polyp extension is at its best since a long time.

i don't see any bugs, but i will be on the watch.

unfortunately, i lost my 3 shrimps that i could not catch. My hemits that i thought dead are walking around, they were probly stunted by the Interceptor.

I manage to save sevetal big chunk of my green colony that was baddly affected. So far so good, the frags did not RTN, but it does not look happy for sure.

When i lift rocks from the bottom, it is a cimetery of worms... :p

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completed the 3rd treatment today, did my WC and changed Carbon. Restarted GFO, skimmer.

Over the past 3 weeks during the treatment, i have seen a drastic change in my coral, polyp extension is at its best since a long time.

i don't see any bugs, but i will be on the watch.

unfortunately, i lost my 3 shrimps that i could not catch. My hemits that i thought dead are walking around, they were probly stunted by the Interceptor.

I manage to save sevetal big chunk of my green colony that was baddly affected. So far so good, the frags did not RTN, but it does not look happy for sure.

When i lift rocks from the bottom, it is a cimetery of worms... :p

Can you remove most of the dead worms? It may cause problems having more dead organisms than your beneficial bacteria is capable of removing because it is not used to that much bio load. I have seen it happen. Beneficial bacteria cannot populate as fast as ammonia can spike.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remove most of the dead worms? It may cause problems having more dead organisms than your beneficial bacteria is capable of removing because it is not used to that much bio load. I have seen it happen. Beneficial bacteria cannot populate as fast as ammonia can spike.

already testing for amonia and planning 5-10g WC every other day for the next week. so far with my 2 last treatments everything was fine even with the dead worms

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
already testing for amonia and planning 5-10g WC every other day for the next week. so far with my 2 last treatments everything was fine even with the dead worms

Good to hear. Sorry for stating the obvious but you never know

Edit: either this site or my internet is acting slow. Didn't mean to double post

Last edited:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like the white bugs were certainly taken care of by the interceptor. Nice job and thanks for sharing this with the community. Can you update in a month or so as to the status, are they still gone and what not?

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like the white bugs were certainly taken care of by the interceptor. Nice job and thanks for sharing this with the community. Can you update in a month or so as to the status, are they still gone and what not?

yeah i'll try to update to follow-up in afew weeks or months .... if i think about it! :) just ping me if you want an update ;)

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the corals doing? Any more white bugs to be seen? How many interceptor treatments did you end up doing?

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the corals doing? Any more white bugs to be seen? How many interceptor treatments did you end up doing?

no more bugs... at least have not seen any after the 3x treatments. My coral were at their best after the treatment, i should not have waited that long to treat them.

SGREEFER310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tank now ? I just picked up one of my acro frags and seen them all over it running around. They are soo tiny.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
any updates on these? These look exactly what I had a year ago that really affected PE and the health of the coral and interceptor killed them all really easily. Wondering how it is for you guys now or if anyone else had the same experience?

tokigami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i wanted to check in how on this have you seen any of the white bugs return after the 3 interceptor dips?

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i wanted to check in how on this have you seen any of the white bugs return after the 3 interceptor dips?

hi, did not see them after my 3 in-tank treatment. then i crashed my system and stayed away from SPS for a while. Restarted SPS back in Oct-2018 and i had PE issues, i had not seen the bug but treated preventivly with Interceptor and polyps came back.

tokigami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, did not see them after my 3 in-tank treatment. then i crashed my system and stayed away from SPS for a while. Restarted SPS back in Oct-2018 and i had PE issues, i had not seen the bug but treated preventivly with Interceptor and polyps came back.
sorry for the crash and thanks for your reply..

can i ask.. what was your interceptor dosage. I know you mentioned 1/3 of a pill but how big was the pill and how many gallons do you have?

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back