Fowleri growth after 2 years in my tank

reef1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like title:

This is my Fowleri tang, i have had him for about 2 years. He had matured quite a bit.

When i first got him 2 years ago in my 125:

12825946275_d7467546f8_h.jpg

12826084283_d552992a47_k.jpg

Here he is now 2 years later and much happier in the 8 ft 300!

12355838214_245f6685c8_k.jpg

11846903594_42829a7516_k.jpg

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fowleri. Looking forward to updates and seeing mine grow just as nice

trickedout900

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish man. You have me kicking myself for not buying the one that came into LFS a while back. How is the black tang doing?

OP
OP
reef1980

reef1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic not mine but I got one of these in my quarantine tank right now:)

TangWhiteFreckled.jpg

Looks like Mr. T's brother from a different mother! How big is he?

Nice fowleri. Looking forward to updates and seeing mine grow just as nice

Thanks man! I'll be sure to keep updates on track.

Nice fish man. You have me kicking myself for not buying the one that came into LFS a while back. How is the black tang doing?

I was in the same place 4 years ago at my LFS when they got in a weak, timid, little guy. But I can say he is my favorite fish. If you thought a guinea fowl was affectionate; than a Fowleri is on a different level! Black tang is doing great. He is actually just starting to show me his personality. I will take some pics of him tomorrow.

Last edited:

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Looks like Mr. T's brother from a different mother! How big is he?

Thanks man! I'll be sure to keep updates on track.

I was in the same place 4 years ago at my LFS when they got in a weak, timid, little guy. But I can say he is my favorite fish. If you thought a guinea fowl was affectionate; than a Fowleri is on a different level! Black tang is doing great. He is actually just starting to show me his personality. I will take some pics of him tomorrow.

About 4"

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Fowler's!

I've had mine for about 2yrs as well. When we got him he was about 2.5" in complete juvenile colors. Today he is about 4" is coloring up quite nicely and is spectacular, when he is not harassing our new blonde Naso. He is currently in a 185g (5'Lx30"Wx25H"). Next year I am looking to upgrading to an 8'L, haven't figured the exact dimension or capacity yet. I'll see if he will hold still for a mug shot, lol!

OP
OP
reef1980

reef1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Fowler's!

I've had mine for about 2yrs as well. When we got him he was about 2.5" in complete juvenile colors. Today he is about 4" is coloring up quite nicely and is spectacular, when he is not harassing our new blonde Naso. He is currently in a 185g (5'Lx30"Wx25H"). Next year I am looking to upgrading to an 8'L, haven't figured the exact dimension or capacity yet. I'll see if he will hold still for a mug shot, lol!

Nice! I am glad to hear your success. LOL that is very funny as Mr. T has to be the king of the tank as well. He is very temperamental and will throw a temper tention I kid you not.

Nice He will definitely the love 8' of straight for his laps. I am sure you know, but I would recommend building him a person cave in your new tank; big enough for him to maneuver in. Mr .T is a huge camera hog! It can become annoying when trying to get shots of others with him jetting in last second.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back