PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This occured while trying to catch her.
She's stopped eating.
I can't get antibiotics without a prescription. They won't give a prescription without seeing the fish.
If I can get antibiotics for myself what can I give her?
Most issued here would be amoxicylin

Will this heal over?

Idiot vet here says catch it and bring it in. By law can't issue antibiotics without seeing the fish

20231217_094337.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
She's stopped eating.
I can't get antibiotics without a prescription. They won't give a prescription without seeing the fish.

Will this heal over?

Idiot vet here says catch it and bring it in. By law can't issue antibiotics without seeing the fish

20231217_094337.jpg
Looks like impact injury and should heal on its own however if you want to treat to prevent infection and promote healing, for your country, you can use seachem Kanaplex, Tri-sulfa or general cure

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's stopped eating.

Will this heal over?

20231217_094337.jpg
Healthy fish normally have superpowers regarding healing. So you were catching him to take to the vet due to a perceived eating disorder? Or have I got things muxed ip?

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Healthy fish normally have superpowers regarding healing. So you were catching him to take to the vet due to a perceived eating disorder? Or have I got things muxed ip?
I caught it to qt all fish. Fox are very skittish it banged itself up trying to catch it. It's still in dt. Might be able to catch next lights out

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I found seachem metroplex.
Will the help and in the dt?
I dont recommend it especially with it needing to be dosed precisely at .5gm by weight

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing this fish. Now fin rot to go with othe peeling. No other fish looks affected.
They were in qt for a week. Tank too small for foxface.
I had Ammonia spike and lost 2 fish so move back to dt. So far no visible sign of ich. But foxface not doing well.
I don't want to stress her out any more than I have which probably caused the problem.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Losing this fish. Now fin rot to go with othe peeling. No other fish looks affected.
They were in qt for a week. Tank too small for foxface.
I had Ammonia spike and lost 2 fish so move back to dt. So far no visible sign of ich. But foxface not doing well.
I don't want to stress her out any more than I have which probably caused the problem.
This likely was exposed to ammonia, leading to skin irritation.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back