Here is an updated photo:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407706928.038633.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When trimming the base of a scoly so it would sit right on my BB tank I accidentally broke the skeleton down the middle. I glued it together, but ended up with a piece of it dangling off. I think Im going to cut it free tomorrow and see if itll end up doing as well as yours. If you were closer my way I'd see about getting one of those frags off you, a very neat thing to see grow and develop.

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little mouthless pieces have grown mouths and gotten to about the size of a quarter when fully inflated. This took over a year for me. Just a heads up in case you were still interested in trying mouth less frags someday.

OP
OP
mrnewberry

mrnewberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo... Life got in the way. I neglected my tank for a while etc. But, this guy turns out to be one of the toughest things in my tank. Despite a lack of water changes in a 20gal tank and not being fed.

knukles55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo... Life got in the way. I neglected my tank for a while etc. But, this guy turns out to be one of the toughest things in my tank. Despite a lack of water changes in a 20gal tank and not being fed.

Omg yes yes yes lol I was hoping this thread would get updated. I have never seen anyone do this so this is a first. I wanted to follow through to the end and apparently it's worked for you. Good job even though the tanks neglected and thanks for keeping us updated. This can change the way we look at scolys for propagation purposes

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back