FRAGHOUSE CORALS 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY LIVE SALE 2 DAY EVENT MARCH 9TH-10TH 1500 SPS FRAGS UP TO 80% OFF PLUS CODYBOT GAMES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haven't pull trigger on anything. Just dropped my tax to my accountant yesterday. I better put on the breaks just in case(strong feeling I'll be paying back Uncle Sam AGAIN. Too bad I can't write off coral losses.
We have owed a significant amount for the past 3 years. We elected to withhold 25% for federal last year, and we now finally have a refund. It sucks to hand over all that money at the end of the year. Taxes are theft!

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the games @CodyBot got a murder hornet thanks too you :)
That is a sick piece! I can't belive that I've never heard of FHC before now. I was originally intrigued by the more than fair prices so this is the first livesale that I came along for the ride with. I've learned that most of his offerings he named himself and have been in his care for years. This is also his job so he maintains a prestine, pest free envirnoment. That's reassuring. I also learned that many of the bug name highend corals that I seek just don't do too well under normal circumstances. If these do well, I hope to seek his highend offerings during the next sale.

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a sick piece! I can't belive that I've never heard of FHC before now. I was originally intrigued by the more than fair prices so this is the first livesale that I came along for the ride with. I've learned that most of his offerings he named himself and have been in his care for years. This is also his job so he maintains a prestine, pest free envirnoment. That's reassuring. I also learned that many of the bug name highend corals that I seek just don't do too well under normal circumstances. If these do well, I hope to seek his highend offerings during the next sale.
Daaaaaaang!!! I like this man’s style lol not often I get people picking up on details like that!!! Nice work! Future sales I plan to be more attentive to customer questions with Codybot running the sales! I love the feedback and it motivates me to help spread knowledge. Iv been in this sps game since 2005 and have learned so much over the years. Each reefer has their own ways but it’s nice to share knowledge and work together to build and keep this AWESOME hobby thriving!!! Thank you

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
To @billyocean and @KK's Reef I made a little write up on my local forum that I'm a member of about my understands of lighting corals in a reef tank and why PAR alone isn't the best way to understand reef lights.

Keep in mind, I do not advocate pure blue lights, based off the fact that it's an ornamental hobby and most of the visible spectrum is subdued to your eye once you go all blues. You have to use camera tricks to add color back in that your eye won't see. At the end of the day, you should enjoy your tank. I enjoy mostly blue, with enough white to see the reds, so that's what I have over my tank. Either way, here are my points.

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've always been interested to see FHC colonies but haven't been able to find any over the years when searching for FHC frags by name. Do you guys have colony photos anywhere?

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've always been interested to see FHC colonies but haven't been able to find any over the years when searching for FHC frags by name. Do you guys have colony photos anywhere?
I couldn't find any. When I was deciding between similar corals such as Pink Floyd, caution, lemon drop, and some other yellow one I can't recall, I did a search on here and found examples from the past. To be honest, I didn't see any differences so I chose the best looking frag. I did however find some interesting info on examples such as Rainbow Doom and Rainbow Loom. They look similar however one is more picky about light and one can't get enough light. It's things like these that set vendors apart and I would assume comes with a lot of trial and error so it's treated more like proprietary information. FHC brings out amazing color and im sure he killed a lot of coral finding out the best par and placement for each colony. While it would be nice if he was to share this data, it would give other vendors the opportunity to colorup the same coral and potentially undercut him. I now respect the decision to withhold data like this.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When does the Big Baller winner get announced?
Yea I'm curious to see what some spend. I bet as soon as that 25% dropped, lots of people went nuts. All the highend frags got picked up. I wanted one of those orange frags but wasn't quick enough. There's always next time.

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While it would be nice if he was to share this data, it would give other vendors the opportunity to colorup the same coral and potentially undercut him. I now respect the decision to withhold data like this.

I see. So the lack of colony photos is intention to protect intellectual property? I'll preface this with "what do I know?" but that just seems kind of odd... Nonetheless, I just figured colony photos might help sell frags is all.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I see. So the lack of colony photos is intention to protect intellectual property? I'll preface this with "what do I know?" but that just seems kind of odd... Nonetheless, I just figured colony photos might help sell frags is all.
I spoke with Brandon yesterday and mentioned y’all being curious of mother colony pics. The reality is far less interesting than you’d think. It’s simply a case of having made multiple attempts, pics not turning out well or never being finished, and then a life with kiddos being too busy to circle back around to it. I’m going to hold his feet to the fire about getting them done because I think that not only would it help sell more corals, but would just be a nice thing to see. Who doesn’t like looking at large, gorgeous colonies?!

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to delay shipping to the week of the 25th?? I’ll be traveling for work the next week and a half.

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had them up in the past, I had 300 up about 2 years ago lol I know that’s one of my biggest complaints and I plan to at least get 2-300 back up in the next couple of months…. Not the 500 we had in the works last year but I’ll have some up for you guys soon. Cody is on me about it now lol

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to delay shipping to the week of the 25th?? I’ll be traveling for work the next week and a half.
Yes I saw your message but still sorting orders and getting today’s boxes ready to pack. I’ll get back with you shortly my friend

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I saw your message but still sorting orders and getting today’s boxes ready to pack. I’ll get back with you shortly my friend
If we could go that week it would be awesome. I am traveling the 19th thru the 25th. I hate getting the shipment and then leaving town.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Naa I went off on a tangent here. He said yesterday that adding more pics would require about 4 days of work. Let's say he took colony pics today and in 3 months, those colonies don't precisely match the frags. People are going to complain. In order to properly represent the frags for sale he would need colony shots at the same time.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To @billyocean and @KK's Reef I made a little write up on my local forum that I'm a member of about my understands of lighting corals in a reef tank and why PAR alone isn't the best way to understand reef lights.

Keep in mind, I do not advocate pure blue lights, based off the fact that it's an ornamental hobby and most of the visible spectrum is subdued to your eye once you go all blues. You have to use camera tricks to add color back in that your eye won't see. At the end of the day, you should enjoy your tank. I enjoy mostly blue, with enough white to see the reds, so that's what I have over my tank. Either way, here are my points.

Thanks, CodyBot! I also don't believe in all blues either. Just glancing at my Radeon %, the Radiant template has a lot of the channels at 40% of less. The AB+ in comparison uses most/all of the channels for a more complete spectrum.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are tons of factors that go into color and growth structure. Not to mention colonies that are made to be fragged don't look like untouched colonies. For throat part tables are tables, tenuis, milli/spath, granulosa all grow pretty much like their species. As far as color...it'll look better in my tank anyways..lol.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm all blue believer but do enjoy seeing some white in there for my viewing pleasure...get tired of looking at all blue. As far as the corals...they are fine all blue

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s one . FHC Purple Rain.
First pic out of water with iPhone 14 Pro Max with orange filter. Second pic with same but shot through coral viewer.
IMG_3372.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back