Free Mantis Shrimp

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this thing while cleaning the frag tank today. Free to good home.

mantis1.jpg

mantis2.jpg

[youtube]Ad4PnhbLulo[/youtube]

Jack

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If no one claims it, I'll take it... Jenn will kill me, but I can't stop collecting critters. The Eunicid from Bryan (CRC) from the ETRC swap was a separate tank, too:D. She doesn't understand why I'd want to keep ugly things that like...

OP
OP
TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's all yours Gary. I'll find some place to keep him safe until the CRC swap. Just don't tell Jenn know where you got it. Let her think it was a hitchiker.

PS: What ever happened to your cucumber fish? You do collect weird things.
Jack

Last edited:

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I've wanted a mantis for a while, just for observations:). I've always like weird, unique things. I'm weird, so it only fits (and I guess unique in some ways, even if not admirable:D).

The gonad eating buttfish hasn't been seen in some time. I dropped two cukes in there, so one of them is probably hating me right now:D. It's in a separate system (soon to be the sump/fuge/growout whenever I can get some power run to that room), so I'm hoping I can spot it again before hooking everything up.

OP
OP
TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gflatt, just wanted tou to know that CARC had a big time playing with your mantis today.... everyone thought it was so cool!!!! you may have started a trend...LOL

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are cool little guys. I got to see one excavating a rock in St. Maarten (same dive I got to watch and octopus on a hole for 10-15 minutes).

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to get a big kick out of watching 8Ball's Thor (the peacock mantis in his avatar). He was very big and pretty. Quite a charactor, too.

dbarker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one! He is sooo cool! He will eat mysis out of my hand! He has his home in one of my big expensive pieces of live rock and when I splash the surface of the water he pokes his head out 'cus ya know, it's feeding time! He wiggles his eyes at me!!

I saw a piece of coral that had about 5 small peacocks and if I had had a place for them at the time I would have bought the coral just to get them! Debbie

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gflat you about lost that mantis if i would had some where to put him he would have came home with me

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was a neat little thing. Pushed a little sand toward him, he cleaned it out and gave me the fin.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:). I can't wait. I've got time to plan his home a little better than the last critter I brought home (4' Eunicid).

Back