b13612d70e3c447b707f3bb6dfa0c9ab.jpg
new to salt these good or bad?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anemone is an aiptasia - get rid of it now. The Protopalythoa may be the invasive kind. If you did not put it there, I would get it out. Seriously, if it is the invasive browns, they are impossible to kill and are very toxic to mess with. If you are not sure, let it go and see how it develops. However, if it is the browns, be prepared to take the rock out to defeat those buggers.

OP
OP
brencrazy

brencrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anemone is an aiptasia - get rid of it now. The Protopalythoa may be the invasive kind. If you did not put it there, I would get it out. Seriously, if it is the invasive browns, they are impossible to kill and are very toxic to mess with. If you are not sure, let it go and see how it develops. However, if it is the browns, be prepared to take the rock out to defeat those buggers.
Ok thank you

Nibejeebies

R2R is the reason for my Insomia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your having issues with the aiptasia that traditional methods arnt working (hot water, Kalk paste, AiptiaX) try asking your LFS for Atlantic Peppermint shrimp as they will eat them. I personally watched a single shrimp clear out 8 large appys in a single night. Now said shrimp is a little fatty. Dont bother with pacific peppermint shrimp as they will simply give the nem a high five.

OP
OP
brencrazy

brencrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your having issues with the aiptasia that traditional methods arnt working (hot water, Kalk paste, AiptiaX) try asking your LFS for Atlantic Peppermint shrimp as they will eat them. I personally watched a single shrimp clear out 8 large appys in a single night. Now said shrimp is a little fatty. Dont bother with pacific peppermint shrimp as they will simply give the nem a high five.
Ok thank you i like this idea

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 46.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back