Freshwater fish

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone keep freshwater fish? Besides reeftanks I also keep and breed Central American and West African cichlids. Heres a few pics of my Cichlids.

Costa Rican redfaced Midas
midasfront.jpg

Hemichromis Frempongi
piratenew.jpg

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, no freshwater since college and my Oscars. I'm firmly convinced that Oscars are the cockroaches of the sea- nuclear warfare and they'd still be there.

I watch him drink Jack Daniels, no joke. We had a party and this idiot dropped a dollop of it in the tank- you could see it descending into the water and Oscar (original, I know) just kind of sucked it right up.

I sold that set up when I got married... I miss him sometimes. He'd eat tiny pieces of cheeseburgers too. Really cool guy.

:D
Laurie

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 125 gallon piranha tank in my basement...ill see if i can post some pics. I have the itch to go saltwater down there...just not the funds right now...maybe after the wedding. lol.
[/img]

Shultz

Spiderman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jasert39 said:
i have a 125 gallon piranha tank in my basement...ill see if i can post some pics. I have the itch to go saltwater down there...just not the funds right now...maybe after the wedding. lol.
[/img]

Ha! I'd do it now before you get married, won't have spare caash to play with afterwards! LOL!!! :wink:

Cheers Shelton.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shultz said:
jasert39 said:
[/img]

Ha! I'd do it now before you get married, won't have spare caash to play with afterwards! LOL!!! :wink:

Cheers Shelton.

/agreed- it's only your decision up UNTIL the wedding...
:lol:
Laurie

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I think we will be better off after the wedding. Sounds strange but we arent having a costly wedding at all (since its all on us). Actually our honeymoon is going to end up costing more than the wedding lol. But then after the wedding ill start saving up for the new setup.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing wrong with the honeymoon costing more then the wedding...The wedding is just a ceremony, the honeymoon is when the marriage begins....Good luck and congrats.....Sweet fish JGoslee.....If it wasn't for reefs I would do cichlids myself most likely South American dwarfs.

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually its one big trip...vegas wedding, rivera maya honeymoon. We are what you would call traditionalists. One big fun butt wedding. lol

khuzhong

Moved on over
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jasert39 said:
[/img]

HA! so did I, 120g with pirayas, terns, caribes, and some reds... and a solitary black rhom......... and then my buddy showed me the light.. reef tanks, since then i've gotten rid of all freshwater tanks.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jasert39 said:
actually its one big trip...vegas wedding, rivera maya honeymoon. We are what you would call traditionalists. One big fun butt wedding. lol

Where to on the Mayan Riviera? Been there a few times and it just keeps growing exponentially. Do you dive? If so and you don't know about cenotes (freshwater cave diving), give them a shot. It's worth it at least once. We did our honeymoon in Bonaire. Really nice diving there. Almost the entire island is a dive site, there.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
khuzhong said:
jasert39 said:
[/img]

HA! so did I, 120g with pirayas, terns, caribes, and some reds... and a solitary black rhom......... and then my buddy showed me the light.. reef tanks, since then i've gotten rid of all freshwater tanks.
I could never get rid of my cichlids. Ive had them for so long. Not to mention if I turned all my freshwater tanks into reeftanks I would be in the poor house :D

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back